82 GS750E on bikes and Beards YT Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS750E on bikes and Beards YT Channel

Just thought I'd share this video from the Bikes and Beards YT channel. It'll be interesting to see if he takes this bike on a long trip.

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Gotta watch that when I get home. It's an 83 by the way, just like mine.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

I like that show. Can't wait for the next episode, lol. He definitely needs to go through those carbs, lol...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
        It's an 83 by the way, just like mine.
        I realized my typo after I posted I'd fix it but not sure how.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Anyone seen Amal carbs on any other GS bikes?

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
          1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Good looking bike....with red goo on the valvecover gasket.
            He sure does like to talk about changing spark plugs.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I've been subscribed to and enjoyong their videos for a while, mostly cause their in PA.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Here's what I didn't like:

He kept telling us how simple (and cheap) things would be, even for a non-mechanic like himself. How he was going to (and by extension, show us how to) change the plugs and clean the carbs. Never happened. All he showed us was what happens if you get very, very lucky.

The good? Through all that talking he managed to squeeze in that starting ether was bad. Everything was great and he was very lucky, but he never got very specific: Does it pull (hard) all the way to redline?

Even seemed selfish when he mentioned the baby. 'Everybody's coming together to help out, but I'll follow later on this bike that may very well break down, but that's cool, we'll just throw it in the back of the truck, and everybody look at me.'

Must admit I got a little thrill when it wouldn't start in the epilogue. What say we slip him a roofie and shave off his beard?

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah, the channel's all about their business, how they buy bikes and quickly turn them, usually for a profit. It's never about the fixing process. They always gloss over the gory details.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Good look at the vapid Millennial mind…face talking selfie…
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      Good look at the vapid Millennial mind…face talking selfie…
                      My thoughts exactly. Nearly unwatchable. Had it not been one of my favorite bikes of all time, I'd have turned it off after the first three or four minutes.

We've turned into curmudgeons my friend. Where did the time go?
                      sigpic

SUZUKI:
                      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

He's making a living playing with motorcycles. I hate him.

Comment

I appreciate the fact that a younger generation is taking notice of these older bikes. He talks about how comfortable it is, how easy it is to ride, how well it handles..the fact that it fired right up after sitting for so long..all things we have known for 30-40 years. Impatient youth, not checking the really important things (tire pressure, oil, chain, brakes, lights) before jumping on and going for a ride..been there many times in the past. You just want to ride it..
                          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I like how he was going to take it on a 1,000 mile trip and thought those 8 year old tires were OK. I wondered how tight the valve clearances were.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                              We've turned into curmudgeons my friend. Where did the time go?
                              Turn down that loud music! And keep off the lawn!!
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                              X