Picked up an 85 GS750 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up an 85 GS750 today

I've been thinking about this bike for a few months...it was in Vancouver and I was waiting until I had to go over for work so they would pick up the $180 ferry ride...lol...the owner had had it for 26 years but hasn't rode it much in the last few years...pretty decent shape...will need some carb work....not really my style but the price was too good to pass up..pretty good dent in the tank too...lol

No signature

Sweet bike. Really liked '84 when I had it. Looks like yours has a grab rail that mine didn't and I think the '85 makes a little more horsepower.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Awesome!
      Nice looking bike!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Looks like the right stuff, good find Trev.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I want your Garage

Comment

Thanks guys....I'm still looking for an 83 750ed in burgundy and black but I didn't want to see this bike to go to a "bad| home...it looked to "all there" and needed to be rescued..
            No signature

Comment

Nice score Trevor! Those are nice 750's... haven't ridden one myself but I spent a morning on a popup Katana which seems to be a similar riding position and I believe the same wheels too. Is it a 16" front rim? I found it very easy to ride and a joy in the twisties, definitely a middle step between the lightness of my 450 and the power of my Kat.
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

As always, you are a great finder/rescuer of GS'!

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Got any plans for getting that dent out of the tank? If so, how will it be done? It sure would be nice if you could insert something in the tank and put pressure on the dent from the i/s.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                    Got any plans for getting that dent out of the tank? If so, how will it be done? It sure would be nice if you could insert something in the tank and put pressure on the dent from the i/s.
                    I gotta guy... Lol...I had a tank with a dent before and there is a place called Dentex here...they have the tank for the day and they have all kinds of special tools for the job....best part..no charge if the can't get the dent out. Nothing to lose...
                    No signature

Comment

Working...
                    X