No announcement yet.

The season for motorcycles may have ended --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No stinking winter here unless the Old Farmer's Almanac is right for a change lol. Raining some now.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
      Tomorrow night will find me in Mesa, Az.
      Unless Roger has ideas about another route, I would suggest dropping south to Soccoro, then going west on US 60. You can follow 60 all the way to Mesa.

Along the way, you will see the Very Large Array. It is impressive enough to see from the road, assuming some of the dishes are in sight, but I hope to stop in to see the displays some day.

Between Show Low and Globe (both in Arizona) you will cross the Salt River, which is a nice, twisty ride.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Unless Roger has ideas about another route, I would suggest dropping south to Soccoro, then going west on US 60. You can follow 60 all the way to Mesa.

Along the way, you will see the Very Large Array. It is impressive enough to see from the road, assuming some of the dishes are in sight, but I hope to stop in to see the displays some day.

Between Show Low and Globe (both in Arizona) you will cross the Salt River, which is a nice, twisty ride.

Show Low to Globe is a great ride. Salt River Canyon is a fabulous-and beautiful route. If you travel through Show Low, stop in at Black Horse Brewing.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          How long you going to be in Mesa?
          Larry has been posting more about his travels in "went for ride".

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Snow any day... Still riding everyday.

TU250X is ready with snow tires

Crested 45K miles on the 2018 T120... 18 months old.

Broke 30K for the season over the weekend.

Riding tomorrow... in the snow. the Nifty 250's make mince meat of slush with studded dirt bike tires...

FYI Ryan at Fortnine is AWESOME!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 11-06-2019, 09:56 PM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Crested 45K miles on the 2018 T120... 18 months old.

Primarily commuting, right?

What? 25 miles to work, and 150-200 return home.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Exactly Dave!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I've done that several times just not during the last 7 or more years. I was going to do that today but it was raining and storming West of I-25 so I just went further South and then West to Tucson and North to Mesa. I dodged rain most of the day until I got to Tucson. There's more to tell about that but for now it's getting late and bed is calling.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Exactly Dave!
                    Tell us you're riding outfit Jed.
                    Thanks, BiL
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      Tell us you're riding outfit Jed(z).
                      Thanks, BiL
                      Snowmobile gear... If it's warm enough to be on a sled you can ride a motorcycle!
                      I have heated grips on the TUX, I also just installed my Plexi Fairing on the TUX.
                      I have a heated vest but it's not cold enough for it. It's great in soaking cold conditions.
                      I'm back to just 50ish miles a day... The TUX is definitely setup for 50/50 paved dirt so I take all back and class 4 roads home. I ride the same amount of time but cover less miles. Still Smiles the whole way!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

The next few years may see me moving to New Hampshire. If I do, I may have to buy a TW200.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Half of the good roads here in Vermont have dirt on them... Don't get me wrong you can spend weeks riding the good paved roads but months on the dirt!

NH is pretty local and I go over there quite often... Like tomorrow.

If you come to the NE be sure to reach out! I'm riding every day, 8 months of the year at least!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Half of the good roads here in Vermont have dirt on them... Don't get me wrong you can spend weeks riding the good paved roads but months on the dirt!

If you come to the NE be sure to reach out! I'm riding every day, 8 months of the year at least!
                            Currently bikeless
                            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Will do, buddy!
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                                How long you going to be in Mesa?
                                I will be in Mesa at least through next week.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X