Welp, not a good end to the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Dave,

I am not actually at camp anymore, I was....parted from my job this spring. Bit of a story, but not a very interesting one.

Yes, sad to part it. But the frame and front end damage is just too much to deal with. I got a decent payout for the bike, and hopefully I can recoup a bit with parting it. If ya know anyone in the market for a black 16v engine, let me know?

I have a few bikes on the short list, but I'm really rethinking the whole enterprise. I got off very lucky with this crash, not sure it is responsible to ride on the street for me, at least until the kids are outta the house. I dunno. Still mulling things. And with current events being what they are, having that little extra in the bank is probably prudent. And my wife has this silly idea that I will let her park her car in the garage this winter with the bike outta the way.....oh, the ideas people have!

Heh, that's a no thank you on the RT, thinking more along the lines of an SV650 or a Street Triple.
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Parking the car IN the garage? Blasphemy!
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Jeebus! I'm really glad to hear you made it through with minimal damage to your person, the bike on the other hand is a super big bummer. But, as has been stated, bikes can be replaced. Stories like this are always a great reminder to wear ATGATT.
        Last edited by RustyTank; 09-30-2020, 11:11 PM.
        Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
        1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Yep. Just looking at the gear today, there is damage to every piece: jacket, pants, gloves, boots, and helmet. Easy to imagine what would have been busted up had I not been wearing it....
          Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
          Jeebus! I'm really glad to hear you made it through with minimal damage to your person, the bike on the other hand is a super big bummer. But, as has been stated, bikes can be replaced. Stories like this are always a great reminder ta wear ATGATT.
          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Hello everybody I just joined this website and I can't believe I've never dug into it before really. I purchased some parts from Greg and he suggested I check this forum out. Really happy to be here. What an absolute tremendous wealth of knowledge on these bikes that I've spent the last 15 years of my life obsessed with. I just want to thank Greg and mention that he has been an absolutely awesome person to wheel and deal with. Very accommodating, extremely fair, honest, and trustworthy. I Wish we could have met in some other way, and it truly brings me great sadness to know the story behind the fate of his beautiful 1100ES. But I am glad to be here and I assure thst the Heart of his machine will live on as a fresh 1260 motor in my 82 1100E that will be getting a long-overdue complete & thorough frame-off restoration in the coming months. Thanks again Greg! I owe this guy some cold bottles of suds at the very least! I look forward to yakking with many of the rest of you. Check out my bio, while I am just a new guy here amongst you all, I can assure you I have spent nearly half of my life dedicated to what is in my opinion the greatest air-cooled inline 4-cylinder motorcycle ever produced!!

Comment

Late to this one... glad you're ok Greg! Bikes can be replaced.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Steinke View Post
                Hello everybody I just joined this website and I can't believe I've never dug into it before really. I purchased some parts from Greg and he suggested I check this forum out. .
                ./
                d!!
                Welcome to GSR.
                Would be best for you to make an introduction post in the "owners" section.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X