GPS with temperature gauge and voltage-meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS with temperature gauge and voltage-meter

I am annoyed with my Zumo LM595. I can't seem to be able to connect the garmin tempe to it to get accurate temperature (when riding in cold weather I want to know if its bellow freezing). I also think it should have a way to display the voltage of the battery.

It seems like such a massive oversight, and trivially simple features to implement.

Is there any GPSes that does this?
    GS1000G 1981

I also have the 595 and love it. I'm not sure though what you mean by displaying the battery status. Do you have it powered by the bike? If so, then it's constantly being charged while working. If not, at least mine, displays the battery status in the upper right corner. Also, if you click on the battery meter for about 5 seconds, it will display a screen showing the voltage, the battery temperature, and other test information.

I don't have Garmin's temperature module for outside so I don't know much about that.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      I also have the 595 and love it. I'm not sure though what you mean by displaying the battery status. Do you have it powered by the bike? If so, then it's constantly being charged while working. If not, at least mine, displays the battery status in the upper right corner. Also, if you click on the battery meter for about 5 seconds, it will display a screen showing the voltage, the battery temperature, and other test information.

I don't have Garmin's temperature module for outside so I don't know much about that.
      I want to see the voltage of the bike battery. I will test pressing the icon when I get home from work.

Apart from not being able to read the bike battery voltage and having a temperature reading (the forecast is somewhat unreliable especially where there is big local variances).
      GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
        I want to see the voltage of the bike battery. I will test pressing the icon when I get home from work.

Apart from not being able to read the bike battery voltage and having a temperature reading (the forecast is somewhat unreliable especially where there is big local variances).
        how did you all make it to vinland?
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I use the Tempe' with my 276CX on my snowmobile. It is very unreliable and next season I'm gonna use something else.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X