No announcement yet.

1985 GS1150EF Original Paint Scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh: Those turn signals in that link look nice! I had 5 decal sets made for my 1150E a few years ago. The suspension decals are pretty intricate. The big SUZUKI decals are the easiest to have made.
    On looking at that bike again, I think it's a keeper. If it were me I would offer the $4k but I wouldn't loose it over the $400 either. You just don't find a beauty like that every day.
    Last edited by Big Block; 08-07-2021, 11:30 AM.
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

If it were perfect it would be valued at $5K and it's no where close to that, deduct paint costs and other issues that would be required to make it oem perfect. I'd put the value at $3K. Good reliable vintage bikes are hard to find $3-4K is a fair price.

The collectible market for an efe is small he might find a taker at $4,400 but he then might be waiting for years too.

But as well all know what something is worth and how badly you want it don't always meet. If you really want it, $400 isn't much, offer to meet in the middle $4,200. I know of a local who spent $15-20K to dissemble and rebuild an 84 efe to better than new. Was is it worthwhile, not in my opinion he'll still struggle to get more than $5K but clearly it was important for the owner.
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
        If it were perfect it would be valued at $5K and it's no where close to that, deduct paint costs and other issues that would be required to make it oem perfect. I'd put the value at $3K. Good reliable vintage bikes are hard to find $3-4K is a fair price.

The collectible market for an efe is small he might find a taker at $4,400 but he then might be waiting for years too.

But as well all know what something is worth and how badly you want it don't always meet. If you really want it, $400 isn't much, offer to meet in the middle $4,200. I know of a local who spent $15-20K to dissemble and rebuild an 84 efe to better than new. Was is it worthwhile, not in my opinion he'll still struggle to get more than $5K but clearly it was important for the owner.
        The more time and closer I look at the bike the more cracks I'm finding in the fairings, more paint flaking off the frame, etc. so I agree with you 100% on the assessment. Combined with how far it is I think I will wait for now.

I want the bike in the future more than I want it now so I'm not in a rush, maybe something will come up down the road. I would be willing to pay more for a more "mint" machine, that said, it's still a nice bike.

Thanks everyone for helping me talk through this decision.

Comment

Working...
        X