Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have twins in the garage

What a weekend!
    In November I bought over the phone a 1982 GS1100E...it was 500kms away from me so I had a buddy that lives near the bike pick it up and store it for me at his house until I could go get it.
    So last weekend I looking at bikes for sale and I find another 82 gs1100e 50kms from my buddy...I call the guy and buy it over the phone too. I live in Vancouver Island and I figured coming all the way there I might as well make it worth my while...lol
    I brought a buddy and Friday morning we got up at 4:30am to catch the 7am ferry to that mainland....got on the ferry and we were having breakfast when the lights flickered....captain came on and said "we are having issues"...8:30am and we have not left the dock yet....then they say we all have to get off the ferry in our vehicles and try to put us on the 9am (ferries run every two hours in the winter).
    Of course there was no way they could get us on the 9 that fast....so we waited another 2 hours before putting us on the 11...which left late at 11:30...
    My original plan was to pick up the bikes then go stay with a buddy in Revelstoke for the weekend....well with the late start we decided to just go straight to Revy.
    Sunday morning we wake up to 8" of fresh snow...on top of the 4 feet that already had...lol
    260kms to go get the bikes....80kms of it in blowing snow.
    Pick up the bikes at two locations...loading went well.
    On the way home we had fog so dense that we had to drive 40kmph in a 120 zone....then the snow started again on the Coquihalla Hwy....google Highway to **** and you will see what the "Coke" is all about...it was brutal....
    We got to the ferry at 7:15pm to wait for the 9pm home...which was 30 min late....get off the ferry at 11pm....driving home on an overpass I notice 3 people standing...then a "Whack"!.....my truck had been egged!
    Got home...washed the egg off my truck and it was now midnight.
    Over 600kms and two bikes to pick up and 16 hours later....wow.

They need work....but as they are say...it's all there....I paid $1600 and $1500 for them...
    Not sure what I’m going to do with them yet... maybe make one good one... nice stuff on them... Yoshimura and Wolf exhausts
    Both have Lockhart oil coolers
    One I bought from the original owner and the other was only the second owner
    I’ll start tearing them apart and see what I have
    I just wanted to make sure they went to a good home

No signature

and I can barely get it up to fill the birdfeeders when it snows....

It's a sickness and you got it really bad, man. But nice bikes!

Comment

Now wait a second. You got egged on your way home? Do kids still do that anymore? Well, at least they weren't sitting at home playing video games....

Nice score Trevor.👍
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Those bikes are gorgeous. Sweet!
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Lovely bikes but, yeah, you do have a condition
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
            Lovely bikes but, yeah, you do have a condition
            Lol...my wife says the same.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Those bikes are gorgeous. Sweet!
            Thanks Mason...I will say they look better in pictures...

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            Now wait a second. You got egged on your way home? Do kids still do that anymore? Well, at least they weren't sitting at home playing video games....

Nice score Trevor.
            Thanks...Yep....egged! I couldn't believe it...lol...I called the cops and they went out there but of course they were gone....I had a good chuckle.

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            and I can barely get it up to fill the birdfeeders when it snows....

It's a sickness and you got it really bad, man. But nice bikes!
            Lol...I probably would not have gone had I knew what I was going to go through....thanks!
            No signature

Comment

Make one out of the two? Are you nuts? I see two fine bikes there, not one. Get a grip.....

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                Make one out of the two? Are you nuts? I see two fine bikes there, not one. Get a grip.....
                Lol...I will make sure there are two decent bikes when I'm done....the one with the Wolf exhaust stands out as the keeper but I don't want to sell the other one with the Yoshi exhaust.....hmmm
                No signature

Comment

At least it was only an egg, and presumably not hard-boiled at that! Imagine if it had been those malicious kids from awhile back, dropping good-sized rocks off of over-passes.

Nice haul on the twins. Long-term plans for them? Burner bikes, lol!?
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

A shame they're identical twins, if they weren't identical, one would be the prettier champagne color...He said a sickness, I can't imagine any better sickness than yours. Congrats.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Well, we now know who the hoarder is. Nice looking bikes.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Nice score, and nice haul, too.
                        The 1100 must have been a good seller in its day.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Ha, ha. Always an adventure in this country. Nice scores, I missed them both but that's okay.
                          1986 1150EF
                          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Fun trip....
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Speaking of twins it was mamas birthday yesterday and of those that called to confirm she was still alive her sister had the best story.
                              Mama the baby of the family and her eldest sibling were born 23 yrs apart. Ma tante was at a coffee gathering and proclaimed proudly that it was her baby sisters birthday and that she was 77. She then said her big sister was also born on the day and would have been 100 had she lived.

One of the elderly ladies asked............................................. were they twins?
                              more coffee!!!!!
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
                              X