New to me GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me GS750

Hello, This is may maiden post, picked up a 1980 GS750E, I believe. Haven’t actually seen it in person. Looks like I will need to sort out a photo account to post pics.

Cheers Jim

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, a photo hosting site is a good idea if you want to post good photos. I use Imgur. Instructions linked in my signature.

Hope the bike has carbs when you get it.

Looks like someone has been at the charging system, hopefully for the better.

Let us know if you need any guidance.

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Dang Jim, your first post & already a picture...I've been here since 2005 & still haven't figured the pictures out yet. Congrats, Welcome, & Good luck.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Neither has he. But there’s hope for you both.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-16-2022, 08:54 AM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks Rich, I've opened an Imgur account, will try the search for uploading pics. I didn't see the link in your signature.

The bike has carbs, I guess that is when they were off for cleaning. Saw a set of GSXR750 carbs in good shape from a Sling Shot 36mm, I'm assuming there would be rejetting before these would be suitable.

I wasn't planning on picking up parts until the bike is in the garage and I get to give it a once over but you know how that goes.

Comment

Last edited by jkotsi; 03-14-2022, 08:37 PM. Reason: Not so pretty from this side either,

Comment

Originally posted by jkotsi View Post
              Hello, This is may maiden post, picked up a 1980 GS750E, I believe. Haven’t actually seen it in person. Looks like I will need to sort out a photo account to post pics.

Cheers Jim
              PO ex-Navy, dockyard, or surplus owner?
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Hi Jim. Nice to see you here.
                You've come to the dark side with a Suzuki?
                What are your plans? Please tell you aren't going to try to turn that one into a track bike.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hi Steve, Yes feels like the dark side in a good way.

Plans are its going to be a daily driver disguised as a track bike. Using Astralite rims, CRB F2 forks.....The time on the lift will be very limited, I want to be on the road M-F, weekends as well.

A friend has it in Montreal, picking it up in a couple of weeks. Minus a battery it should be a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

PO ex-Navy, dockyard, or surplus owner?
                    It has the look of being stored under water, no maritime connections I know of.

Comment

Working...
                    X