Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Again

Hi All,

I'm back again with another GS1100 so i guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

About 2 years ago, I was given a G model after a friend of mine moved out of state so I figured I'd bring it back to life and make a nice little bobber/cruiser.

I picked it up looking like this:
    Bike by Aaron Raschel, on Flickr

Then I was able to turn it into this:

Although i liked it, I really wanted an E model. After about 7 months of searching, i was able to find a E model that was in acceptable shape.

This time, I plan on throwing the kitchen sink at it. I want to make a modern classic inspired track/race bike. USD forks, Bandit 12 rear, big bore, cams, modern wheels and tires, etc. The bike currently is not running and it looks like the previous owner was having electrical issues so i'm in the process of replacing the entire electrical system with a M Unit and all new wires, coils, stator, reg/rec, starter relay.

I'll start a build thread once i have a running bike. Thanks for having me back.

Welcome back.

Hey, I see a Michigan plate there.

Hey, is that an early 80s vette?

FYI: that 1100G is actaully a 1100GK.
    But about the only thing different than 1100G anymore would be the front forks, the tripple tree and front fender.

Do update on the E project.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

All who own an '82 E in '83 red are welcome here.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Do not lose that luggage rack. Hard to find item.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Welcome back Aaron. Live a restomod GS. Looking forward to following along.
          Dave, the Vette is early 70 at the latest. I think ‘73 was the last of the flat back panel style.

sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            Do not lose that luggage rack. Hard to find item.
            I'll actually end up selling a fair amount of the OEM parts; front end, essentially the entire rear end including the tail section, and of course the luggage rack.

Comment

Selling a fair amount of OEM parts... Good for the GS world to save all the parts you can. Welcome back
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
              X