new gs850l owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new gs850l owner

Picked up this 1981 gs850l with low miles. My first street bike - been riding dirtbikes my whole life, and when I got my enduro I was putting too many miles on that little thumper. Needed something that will (and has) stand the test of time. Got it for a good price and simply loving it. Sounds great, feels amazing and starts faster than.. well it's fast. I'll be coming here more often to ask for help for a little while because I know there will be a few things down the line that I can't very well call a dealership for anymore.
    Thanks
    burnin gas
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome to the forum Bernungass. You've come to the right place to have your questions answered. Lots of good info and discussion on the threads. Good looking machine!
    "So I'm gonna write my words on the face of today. And then they'll paint it"

2008 Honda CRF230L - Sold
    2004 Honda CB600F Hornet - Sold
    2015 Suzuki Vstrom DL650XT
    1979 Suzuki GS850GN
    2018 Honda Grom 125

Comment

Very cool bike! Congrats!

Comment

Yep, what they ^^^ said, Welcome & Congrats.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Some people don't care for the styling but those 850Ls are great machines. Fun to ride, cheap to own, and will easily outlast you with a bare minimum of maintenance. Welcome to the board!
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and congrats! That's a nice looking bike!
            1982 GS1100gl

Comment

Welcome to the GSR.

looks like someone has already modified most of the L out of it, with the flatter bars.

do learn about the splined hub (called “joint assembly” an parts microfisch) that is IN the rear wheel.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
              X