Hello to everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to everybody

It is Louis from the Brea, is anyone here from the CA?

The Brea?

The CA?

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Tar pits?

California?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Hey Lou, I noticed that on your very first post made back in January in Forum > Classifieds (GS Parts, Misc} > Gear, Clothing, Misc. You said this: "I'm new here and new to riding as well."

Then on June 2nd in Forum > Featured-Forums > Polls > Motorcycle Shopping Preferences you said this: "Always preferred motorcycle stores over craigslist. Had some very bad experiences in the past."

I am curious how it happens that someone who has not ridden before has a history of experiences with motorcycle stores vs. Craigslist in the past.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
          Hey Lou, I noticed that on your very first post made back in January in Forum > Classifieds (GS Parts, Misc} > Gear, Clothing, Misc. You said this: "I'm new here and new to riding as well."

Then on June 2nd in Forum > Featured-Forums > Polls > Motorcycle Shopping Preferences you said this: "Always preferred motorcycle stores over craigslist. Had some very bad experiences in the past."

I am curious how it happens that someone who has not ridden before has a history of experiences with motorcycle stores vs. Craigslist in the past.

Here comes the detective.

BTW, what is the point here? does craigslist only have the motorcycle parts? I have used craigslist over an extensive period mostly buying the used branded shoe (advertised as only 1 time used to jog, just like brand new, turned out to be the most abused, IDK if the owner went to Sahara for that one-time jog), TVs, etc. Every time the product received is not what was advertised. The TV had the fried board and it smelt like a pig's *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ when tried to power it on. The helmet was broken, Mac book had a battery issue.

IDK if it is only with me or I don't know how to actually buy something useful from here.

I mostly prefer the swap meets where you can actually see the products and then physical motorcycle stores and then reputed motorcycle online stores. If you have any suggestions for me buying safely from craigslist, please let me in the loop. And please do not say you have to go to the seller and inspect if the product is what is described in the ad. I tried but turned out to be just a waste of gas and time.

Comment

Dang dpep, Yoy don't go buy a motorcycle then need to go hastily scrounging for the things you need to go riding. He's been shopping motorcycle stores & craigslist just getting everything needed ready & lined up so to be prepared when the time came.... Being warm in CA, He got everything lined up & started riding in Jan....Should be pretty well seasoned by now... Welcome Lou.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I agree with Dpep and would like to see pictures of the bike or at least hear what kind of bike you have?
              sigpic
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Lou, if I may, an observation. Dpep is a site mod with the power to bounce you. I’m not saying he’s going to. That’s his job, not mine. I’m sure he’s seeing what I’m seeing: a new guy on the forum who has made now 30 posts and rapidly climbing. Many of these posts are replies to threads that are long dead. None of your comments have advanced any of these threads. You have not created a signature. You have not told us anything about your bike, if you have one, nor your riding experience, if you have any.

Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with any of that. Just seems odd and a bit like trolling. You might consider replying to threads when you have something useful to add, and also consider the date of the last post in thread. All just my opinion, no offense intended. Feel free to tell me to *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ off if I’m wrong.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  Lou, if I may, an observation. Dpep is a site mod with the power to bounce you. I’m not saying he’s going to. That’s his job, not mine. I’m sure he’s seeing what I’m seeing: a new guy on the forum who has made now 30 posts and rapidly climbing. Many of these posts are replies to threads that are long dead. None of your comments have advanced any of these threads. You have not created a signature. You have not told us anything about your bike, if you have one, nor your riding experience if you have any.

Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with any of that. Just seems odd and a bit like trolling. You might consider replying to threads when you have something useful to add, and also consider the date of the last post in thread. All just my opinion, no offense intended. Feel free to tell me to *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ off if I’m wrong.
                  I got it. I have a 78 GS750.

Comment

Welcome, Lou from another new guy. I have had similar experiences with buying things from eBay, but I've never bought off Craigslist without laying hands on the merchandise first. This does tend to limit me to a smaller area, however. Love to see some pictures of your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou View Post

Here comes the detective.

BTW, what is the point here? does craigslist only have the motorcycle parts? I have used craigslist over an extensive period mostly buying the used branded shoe (advertised as only 1 time used to jog, just like brand new, turned out to be the most abused, IDK if the owner went to Sahara for that one-time jog), TVs, etc. Every time the product received is not what was advertised. The TV had the fried board and it smelt like a pig's *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ when tried to power it on. The helmet was broken, Mac book had a battery issue.

IDK if it is only with me or I don't know how to actually buy something useful from here.

I mostly prefer the swap meets where you can actually see the products and then physical motorcycle stores and then reputed motorcycle online stores. If you have any suggestions for me buying safely from craigslist, please let me in the loop. And please do not say you have to go to the seller and inspect if the product is what is described in the ad. I tried but turned out to be just a waste of gas and time.
                      So prior to only recently becoming a motorcycle rider you frequented swap meets, motorcycle stores, and online motorcycle stores for non motorcycle items such as used shoes and TV's?

What can you tell us about bikemakeover.com?

Nature bats last.

Comment

bikemakeover.com was a blog I used to run for.
                        Well, we all know what the swap meets are for I have been riding since 2021 and I have attended a lot of the meets. first was within the 1st month with my cousin who is also a rider he had a GXR600 and he needed an exhaust for his bike.

Comment

Seems to me you guys are being a bit difficult with Lou here. Just my opinion. If you don't like the posts he's made, ignore them. Doesn't seem like he's here to cause trouble. Welcome Lou and I hope you build on your riding experience responsibly and get you 750 in good working order.
                          Current Bikes:
                          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Lou was not as it represented itself to be and has been banned. The same is true for a recent member account named Armm. I do not want to go through how these are vetted because it can feed the AI learning loop. But a critical examination of past posts can always be educational.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Working...
                            X