Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy anniversary to us

Me and my EZ found each other 40 years ago today

00-mqUU_s2Ncmc9QbtMyD0s6gr5W3nIuaFczUjYUDWT7ZZ2q267-Xyo5ez5EtH9K2aCV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1657157500.jpg
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Ah, man, I love that. Damned cool! Cheers to you, sir!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

The proper way to do it. Find a (big, fast) motorcycle you love, buy it and never sell it. Much too rare these days. Happy Anniversary!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Proud for you man, but be careful we may read something into this about how many birthdays you must have had..
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Great that you still have the paperwork/receipts and the bike and photos.

speaking of the photo, why is there some kid in picture of your bike?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            The proper way to do it. Find a (big, fast) motorcycle you love, buy it and never sell it. Much too rare these days. Happy Anniversary!
            Why does it have to be big, or fast, Rob?
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post

Why does it have to be big, or fast, Rob?
              I was deployed to Japan/Korea/Philippines but some how had a CW magazine with the ad for the new GS1100. I had a KZ650 back at base in Cherry Pt, NC but lusted for the new Suzuki and made it my mission to find one when I got back. Yes ! Big and fast !! Not sure how I found it but located a small (very small) dealership going out of business in Jacksonville NC. He had one bike.....
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Oh I get that big and fast in bikes is one set of criteria (and I still own my brother's former CB900f, which, back when he got it in the early 80's, was pretty impressive on those fronts), but I know guys who bought Honda C90s and who have celebrated anniversaries with similar joy. A friend for years had (don't know if he still does) an RD400 he purchased new 30 years before.

I dig your lust for the 1100, though! I felt that way in 1985 when the VMax showed up on the dealership floor.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                X