Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'82 GS650G Project Update - 2-Weeks In & Happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS650G Project Update - 2-Weeks In & Happy!

Hey all, thanks for all the tips on my initial post. I was able to locate the Suzuki shop manual on one of the resource sites that was posted. I actually made an offer on eBay for the same frigg'n thing, so glad they didn't accept... At any rate, in looking at the throttle cable connection, it's pretty close to the intake boot and it looks like I need to remove the carbs to replace the throttle cable cable anyone confirm?

Positive note, I've put some miles on the GS and she's running great so far. There is a little bog in lower RPMs, but I almost think it always ran this way.

82 Gs650G.jpg

Happy Saturday!
    Last edited by NoGripes; 07-09-2022, 04:54 PM.

Personally, I'm addicted to appx. 8oz. or so of Sea Foam in a tank of gas a couple of times pr. yr. just to be sure the carbs stay nice & like they're sposed to be. Not say'in it would correct a slight bog at low RPM. but I can assure you if you don't give it a try it will not correct it.... I haven't a clue about the cable... Look'in good, sound'in good, do'in good, Congrats & keep it up.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Different bike but similar throttle linkage on the carbs. Whenever reinstalling cards on the bike and neglecting to rig up the carb end of the throttle cable and choke cable, I had to undo the boot connections from the carb bodies, remove the air filter box, unbolt the air box, dislodge the carb rack from the boots on both sides, tilt the whole rack throttle linkage side up, so I could then make those cable connections. You’d think a person would learn after the second or third time doing it.

It’s a knuckle buster for sure. Someone may have a better method.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Nice 650! Exactly like mine-even the chrome turn signals... I'd just go with Rich above to replace cable. It's not all that bad...a heat-gun or really-boiling-hot rag to warm and soften the rubber boots can help at various stages. DO undo the big knurled nut that adjusts idle that's underneath too, so cable adjustment starts at Zero everywhere..

Comment

Working...
        X