Hello from Southern England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Even numbers are unlucky, better get a third one!

Congrats on the new ride.
    Are those Jama pipes?
    Naturally! You don't ever want to be tempted to scavenge either good bike for duplicate parts Happened to me-the "parts" bike I bought is just too good so I had to find a third to supply both runners! Just a few pieces off the parts bike has saved me Big $..it's a real comfort to have fenders, brake cylinders, discs,forks,sidecovers,ignitions etc etc etc.... just "handy" to swap in.

Comment

Steve Murdoch - it's a 2-1 Motad system on this new bike.
      (My other example has its original OEM system fitted.)
      Think I would like to try and find some OEM items if poss, but we all know how hard they are to find!

I also got a pair of downpipes+2 straight-through megaphones included in the deal.
      Previous owner reckoned that noise-wise, they were a little on the 'offensive' side!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
        Naturally! You don't ever want to be tempted to scavenge either good bike for duplicate parts Happened to me-the "parts" bike I bought is just too good so I had to find a third to supply both runners! Just a few pieces off the parts bike has saved me Big $..it's a real comfort to have fenders, brake cylinders, discs,forks,sidecovers,ignitions etc etc etc.... just "handy" to swap in.
        Got the same problem with this second one there's some really good bits on it - the PO sent me a whole load of info/photos/receipts of what he had done to the bike prior to selling it to me. Problem is its so good, it deserves to have the last few missing bits sourced and fitted to complete the task.

Anyone in the UK selling an OEM exhaust system, original seat+cover and a front mudguard, please send me a message!

Comment

I wonder if the gsx400 or GS450 doesn't have the same exhaust? and fenders? They're just a year or so beyond yours ....and mine look very similar to your first bike. You'd probably have to put slipon mufflers on but very-similar-looking are available albeit the chrome on many these days is a nano-layer..

Comment

Working...
          X