87 gs 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 gs 1100

I have just yesterday acquired what according to vin is an 82 1100 gk.but its stripped down.no touring stuff on it.the previous owner doesnt know who changed it.it has aftermarket headlight ears,what appears to be led headlight. With built in turn signals, an aftermarket tailight and rear signals.he totally unplugged everything on the harness. Turn the jkey and nothing hapoens.used harnesses on ebay are 140 to 200.nos is 600.i wouldnt go that route. I dont know where to begin. First charge the battery.if there are any plug and play areas plug them back together. I have owned about 75 bikes since 1972. Suzuki was a latecomer to 4 strokes. They ladded several years behind honda and kawasaki. But my 2 valve 1100 is my dream bike.except for shim and bucket valve adjustments i think they are the best engines ever made. Wish me luck.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

I can do that... I wish you Good Luck.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

The harness is a total mess. Once i figure that out it will be great. Certainly doesnt look like a GK
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

I took a bunch of pictures and whenn i tried to place inline it says file too large . Even on thumbnail it says small medium large. I tried medium and large.still too big.i didnt try fullsize versus thumbnail. Whats the teick? My wiring harness is so hacked I am going to remove it and try to figure it out.

Comment

Picture posting works best when the pictures are hosted on a picture posting website like Flickr of Imgur. See details linked in my signature.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Good luck with the harness. Sounds a bit daunting to me. I think the GK's look pretty cool stripped down.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Ron, the aftermarket headlight ears is a clue that it was a GK. The GK forks are larger and wider apart than any other GS, and as such a lot of stock stuff related to the front end will not fit. Like headlight mounting, front fender. And that is about the only GS1100G stuff that will not fit on a GK.

way to really see if is a GK is :
              front forks are 41mm (not 39) and the front frame downtubes have extra gussets with threaded holes for the fairing mount.

Your name is familiar. Maybe I meet you at Texas hill country rally March 2005. I had 850g then.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Its been over 105 for 2 months. Thanks for gk ID tips. The vin says gk when i ran it. Not only is the harness ruined i.e. the replacement harness would have a certain number of connectors that plug and play into various components on the engine side of things. But the young man i got it from cut all those off and has single wires coming from everywhere

Comment

Working...
                X