New member here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member here...

Hey all.... Quick introduction. Name is Paul, live in Thunder Bay Ontario, Canada. My late brother in law owned a 79 gs750L and had at some point in the last 20 years started tearing it down to rebuild. I got the bike a couple years ago from him with the request to get it back together and running. The motor was torn down, and I got it in boxes. After about a year of sourcing bits and pieces that were missing or non-usable I finally put it all together and got it running... Unfortunately, he passed away last year before seeing it all together and running again. I do know that he was smiling from up above when I fired it up and took it for a quick boot up the road. There's still some stuff I need to replace before it's road ready, but I'm pretty damn excited to get to this point. Cheers everyone.

Welcome to the site, Paul.
    Excellent intro, only thing left is some pics of your new ride.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bike motor apart & pieces in boxes, & without us you got it running??? You did great, & don't let up till it's completed... Oh Yeah, Welcome
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Sparx View Post
        . . . . . . .
        Good that you got it together and running.
        Do tell us more of your adventures with the bike.
        Pics would be good too.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to the site!
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Going to try to post a pic of what I started with
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X