Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello / Good bye from Katman

Hey all!

I have enjoyed the many many years interacting with everyone on this board and I am saddened that life has made bike building, riding and sharing a thing of the past. I have dizziness that comes and goes from time to time but getting busy in the garage over and under bikes really scrambles my brains. They call it a form of Miniere's disease which is an issue with the inner ear I guess.

This has been my favorite place to post going back almost 20 years now. It is a testament to Frank and all of you that it is still going strong.

I was really hoping to finish that turbo EFI I planned to build on here but, life happens I guess. Someone once said to... "How do you make God chuckle". I said how, he said, "tell him your plans" LOL.

Be Well!!
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

I'm so sad to hear this news. I hope you stick around even if you do not complete the turbo EFI.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Rob.
      You certainly played a part in the success of this site.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I worked with a guy who came down with miniere's disease a few yrs. back, it messed up his balance. He raced stock cars at local tracks. He no longer races, but still talks about it a lot, still has the knowledge, & still getting along just fine. Even if can't do the things you've been doing, no need to go, just hang around, we may need to pick your brain about something. How could we use you if you are gone.... Best to you either way.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thank you Mr Katman for your many years of GSRs service. Even though you may not be in the saddle you need to stick around here and share your vast Suzuki knowledge.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Sorry to hear this and best wishes for the future. Am I mistaken, or you get into photography when you stopped riding a few years ago?
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Katman, I don't recall if we've ever had occasion to interact on the forum, but I'm sorry to read what you're going through none the less. Please, stick around. Without you and rest of the OGs here, the forum would not be as great as it is.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks all for your kind words
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

We don't know each other. I am new here. I have really bad Migraines from a neck injury, and do experience dizziness, but not in a way that impedes anything I do. I developed severe Tinnitus, the doctor thinks it's the Vegus Nerve, which is the only nerve that passes through a muscle, and that muscle in my neck is atrophying. I also have a severely injured upper, mid and lower Spinal Cord, and I can't ride as much as I would like to. I join forums to help out the present, and next generation of bikers, as we did not have this means of helping each other "back in the day". Your knowledge can be so helpful to people. Sometimes, looking at a screen overwhelms my senses, and I have to stop. I guess what I am trying to write, as you seem well respected around here, please don't leave completely.

Comment

Oh no, Rob, it's come back? I'm very sorry to hear this as I had high hopes of you enjoying more years on-board the orange Katana when I returned it to you.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rob, hope you find another hobby that will give you a Big Smile !

PS The black GS cases I got from you years and years ago are still going strong.

Take care.
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Thanks for all the information you provided members over the years. I sure learned alot and used your builds as inspiration for my projects.
                        83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Are prayers are with you Brother. Your page is posted to my favorites ,on my notes , and by this juncture to my memory. It is indeed a treasure trove of informational knowledge that we have all embraced thruout our Bike building years. Such insight is only gleaned thru experience , trial and error and then ultimate success. You nailed it my friend. And yes ….. God chuckles from time to time , but always with us.

Comment

Working...
                          X