No announcement yet.

New Member, grabbed the avatar name Suzukian, as it was up for grabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Barn during last Spring cleaning. I built %75 of it by myself. I just had 8" inches on topsoil put on and the grass was having a hard time growing. I reseeded it, and it's fine now.

Barn, during Spring cleaning of yard.jpg

Comment

I should have posted my stuff here, but had trouble finding the post. I will post my bike upgrades here.

I redid the ZZR1200 exhaust. Those exhaust cans weighed 52 lbs. according to my scale. I put a set of Radiant exhaust on the end of the stock pipes, after I cut off the mufflers, they needed severe polishing, and either way, would have to be replaced. I added a "Soupy's" lowering kit to the bike, lowered it 1" inch, put on a set of Genmar riser, have another front end that has the forks with rebound dampening. I also have a set of NISSIN Brake Calipers that bolt right up, and Galfer Stainless Steel lines to put on the bike. It has a new set of Pirelli Diablo's on it too. I could not work on the bike this year as the Barn is stuffed.

The exhaust has a nice baffle in in surrounded with Ceramic weave, and Nickel wire wrapped around the weave. I will post a sound video, it will be a while, as it is really cold up here.

My Suzuki 1983 GS750ES will get some much deserved attention, like a new valve cover gasket (did those things ever really seal? I'll finished polishing the outside cases. All in all, next spring looks promising. I turned 65 last week. I am still highly motivated to ride! Getting a little creaky in the joints, mostly my dang back. 5 ruptured discs, 5 fused ones, no big deal.

zzr1200-exhaust mod.jpg

Comment

Doesn't look like much room for any kind of baffle packing, just say'in it really "looks loud"
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
          Doesn't look like much room for any kind of baffle packing, just say'in it really "looks loud"
          There's 1.5" around the baffle space, and the baffle is over 12" inches long.. The full length is packed with Ceramic Weave. It's Mig welded to the Radian, for a good seal. I expect it will be louder, but not much. If it turns out to be "obnoxious", I'll make something to quiet it down, but I not going back those 52 lb. cans back on there. I have a instrument called a flow meter, and it measured about the same as the stock when done. We'll see. Now that the shed is getting finished, I'll be able to turn my attention back to it.

p.s. The other reason I'm so far behind the curve is I almost died from a infection from dental work that gave me full C.Diff, and Sepsis, and caused me to have to have all my teeth removed. I have been rehabilitating by building my bike shed. It will be to the left and in front of my Barn, but will be my dedicated bike shop. I turned 65 last week. I think I'm not recovering as fast as I used to. I just finished the steel roof yesterday. It's really cold up here in Connecticut.

SHED1-5.jpg

Comment

I just finished the steel roof yesterday.

roof shed small.jpg

Comment

I began building a small lean-to style shed 7 x 3 ft and halted work due to weather, which seems to conspire against me as at every opportunity I get to work outside we have rain or snow.

The roof is a single sheet of OSB that, because of weather, I covered with epoxy driveway sealer to prevent any water intrusion
              I have not decided on a separate roofing material and am wondering what you used on yours.
              I looked at diifferent "ripple" style materials but they each require separate components to close off the open .end spaces and they have been out of stock at all local Lowes and HD stores for some time..

I am favouring a product called "galvalume" which is available from Lowes. It also has ripples, but they are only about 3/8 inch high, The lower ends are not important as water can drip freely there, but at the top and maybe the sides I might use a 4 inch angle flashing, then fill the edge and ripples with caulk.
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

My roof is steel TUFF brand 36" wide roof panels. 50 year warranty, 75 year expected life. I got tired carrying plywood and shingles. With these,, you just run 2"x4"'s on 24" centers. You then screw the screws, which have a thick rubber washer and steel washer to hold them down and keep it watertight. I have done the back of my house with this. If you have only one level of asphalt shingles,, you can actually just run 1" by 4" strips to the roof, and attach the steel panels right over the roofing. Very easy to cut and shape. I got them from Home Depot, they have them in stock, so you can look at them, they also have translucent plastic, in case you want to make sky lights. The 2"x4" in the front is typical.

SHED1-5.jpg
                Last edited by Suzukian; 12-04-2022, 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                X