Hello from New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from New Zealand

Hi everyone, JT here from NZ. I've just joined the forum after buying my latest project, a 1979 GS750.
    I'm normally a Honda guy (restored many CB750's and CB500's) but I've always had a soft spot for GS750's so it's time to learn something new.
    I can see there is a wealth of information and helpful people here so no doubt I'll calling on some of that expertise in the near future.

Hi JT and welcome
    It's often said and probably true that every possible problem has been discussed and sorted somewhere on here.
    Finding it can be tricky.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Welcome to the site, JT.
      Just to make you feel at home the site just had a small discussion on cassowary habits.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Enough about the cassowary (possibly a cross between a emu and my Thanksgiving dinner). On with the GS750, What's the deal? tell us a little about what you've got. A clean the carbs, change the fluids and go, or a complete take apart and back together. Usually not many mechanical problems with these bikes, gummed up carbs, bad wire connectors, and charging system usually does it, other than regular maint. items.... Oh yeah, welcome
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Not sure about the "Cassowary" comment - they live in Australia which is a big island to the west of NZ !
          The GS750 is still a bit of a mystery as I actually haven't got it yet. It's due to arrive in a few days so I'll give it the once over and make some decisions about what I'm going to do with it then. It's currently in "Brat" form but it definitely will not stay that way. I'm not a bearded hipster !
          There will be a restoration of some kind but not sure to what extent yet (and of course dealing with the problem of keeping the wife away from the cost details).
          Cheers - JT

Comment

Originally posted by JT-NZ View Post
            Hi everyone, JT here from NZ. I've just joined the forum after buying my latest project, a 1979 GS750.
            I'm normally a Honda guy (restored many CB750's and CB500's) but I've always had a soft spot for GS750's so it's time to learn something new.
            I can see there is a wealth of information and helpful people here so no doubt I'll calling on some of that expertise in the near future.
            Kia ora, JT, ex Elthamite here. Go, Hard Core Taranaki. Lot of information on here, and some very helpfull people.

Good tech, This is in the stage of being swapped over. Some links dont work in one site go to the other and they may still work there. Thast what i found when looking around for my GS650

Suzuki GS motorcycles maintenance and information (GS850GT)

Doug
            82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
            Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
            Albums

Comment

Kia ora JT, my first four cylinder was a 78' GS750EC. Over-bored it to 819cc using 1 mm (2nd) oversize GS425 pistons and rings giving a 68mm bore vs, the stock 65mm. It was my first foray into motorcycle modification at the age of about 19. Should NEVER have sold it.

Looking forward to seeing the bike and watching the journey.

"Johnny the boy has done it again... This time its a scrubber"
              ​​
              Darryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana 1982 GSX750S Katana 1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Working...
              X