Hello From Montana and an intro to my "Gs750R"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Montana and an intro to my "Gs750R"

Hello, and greetings from Bozeman, Montana. I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and my (not so purist) bike!

Some things about me:
    I am currently a 3rd year finance student in Bozeman, MT and have had my 1978 GS750 since I was 16. I have always loved anything with an engine and customizing them to make them my own. This ranges from Jeeps, old Mustangs, etc.

The Bike:
    As a 2020 high school graduate I ended up with a bunch of time on my hands. My solution lay in my parents garage in the form of a maroon 1978 Suzuki GS750 I bought off of my friends' step-dad for $250 and had been slowly picking away at for the last 2 years. When I bought the bike it was missing a key, hadn't been run for 4 years, and had sat outside for the past 6. It goes without saying that it was in rough shape. However, the pandemic kicked my passion for the build up a notch and it went from a simple restoration to a full balls to the wall build. I have since had it up and running for the last 3 years until I was in a hit and run in August of 2022. Dealing with insurance to avoid the bike being a total gave me a chance to finally compile a full list of mods so here it is!

Mods:
    De-badged and body worked stock tank in Dodge F8 Green
    Mikuni RS34 Carbs
    Tuffside 26" Cafe seat in English Toffee
    2016 GSXR 750 front end
    CognitoMoto adapter kit
    CognitoMoto laced wheel conversion hub
    Motogadget M-Unit Blue
    Motogadget Motoscope Pro
    Antigravity Battery with electronics underneath seat
    Tarozzi Rearsets
    And a slew of aftermarket lights, powdercoating, fabrication, etc.

All of the work except the powdercoating done by myself at 18!

Browsing this forum is dangerous as I am now thinking of doing a 1000 swap. However, I want to know if I can reuse my RS34 carbs as well as electronic ignition? Any other roadblocks I may encounter if I were to do this swap in my garage? Feedback is welcomed, thank you for the read!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Maggoo10; 04-04-2023, 04:33 PM.

Welcome Maggoo, tanks for the intro. Glad you told us about your bike, sure couldn't have figured what it was from the pictures. From what you've already done in your garage, an eng. swap would be piece of cake. Why a 1000 eng.? an 1100 cc 16v would be just as easy, but whatever you want... keep us updated.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Welcome. Nice to see a young guy who is into these old bikes.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome to the site, Magoo.
          Any chance you've had your bike on the scales?
          Just curious as to how much weight you have shaved off with your alterations. Suzuki list a dry weight of 492 lbs.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome to the site. Glancing over your 'mods,' I can't see if you or a PO cut the frame. Like most here, I believe such an action constitutes abuse. However, I believe men should have complete autonomy over their motorcycles' bodies (and frames), so I don't plan on reporting you.

My advice is to admit nothing. And it might be a good time to 'lawyer up.'

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
            X