Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from UK

Afternoon from UK
    Hi Si here...... Have a 78 GS750 cafe racer but cant ride at mo due to being fitted with a halo.... No im not a saint just got a knackered neck!! Cant get my lid over it no matter how hard i try... ..
    Live near Lancaster expect lots of stupid questions as i finish the bike off!!
    Cheers

Welcome,

I have a question for you first. Was it a motorcycle accident that put you in the halo? Don't feel as if you have to answer if you don't want to. Just curious is all.

We'd love to see come pictures of your bike.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Haha no i wish it was something that simple.... Its an illness called osteomyelitis where a blood infection attacks your bones, in my case the top of my spine/base of skull.
      Hopefully caught it in time !!

Comment

Well then best wishes for treatment of your condition and good luck on your bike build.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Cheers fella..Im sure itll all work out in the end!! . I bought the bike 90% done just needs a bit of fettling.... Its a 1978 gs750 with a little (ahem) bit of work done.....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Not normally a café racer fan, I think this bike looks great. The mono-shock is very cool.

thought I’d show your pics bigger.

Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I'm a total Cafe Racer fan, your bike looks hot!!

Sorry to hear about your medical issue. Most Brits I know would consider calling anything more than 2 cylinders impossible to call a Cafe Racer.

I feel, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

4-into-1 or 4-into-2?
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Cheers for that... I'll get some better pics when i can get it back out of the garage...
                    Its a 4into1 with a titanium end can..
                    Oh and dont all worry about the medical thing... It"ll sort itself out in the end and i'm getting a year off work so it ain't all bad!!

Comment

I was about to offer to help but you're bloody miles away! Bike looks ace, wouldn't fancy doing too many miles on it but it'll be great for a bit of fun.
                      1977 Suzuki GS750

Comment

If you could find the headlight off of an old Yamaha 920 Virago, they were 9" inches in diameter, it would really suit the bike. They are kind of rare though.

xv920r.jpg

Comment

Yes Worcester is a bit of a hike (in UK terms) although in US im sure people would go further to go shopping!
                          I was looking at bigger or led headlights and decided to keep the original as its one of the few original bits left! Ive ordered a conversion kit though to use h4 instead of the r2 bulbs that are in it.
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

H4 bulbs are great!

Comment

Working...
                            X