Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello (again)! Couple bikes from western PA....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello (again)! Couple bikes from western PA....

Some of you may remember me (most won't, and that's OK too) but my old user name was Big Rich. I have a customized GR650, and I had a heavily modded 1980 GS450S (which i sold to a guy in Georgia). After some pretty crazy changes in my life, I'm getting back into motorcycles again.

My wife wanted to ride with me so we started out on the GR650. Once she got comfortable, she said she wanted to go on a longer trip, say a 10 hour ride to Tennessee! I said we should get a bigger bike for that. A little searching and we found a 1983 GL1100 Aspencade. While it runs ok, it was a pain to work on (no offense to the Goldwing crowd - I just compare it to older Suzuki bikes). So we discussed it and decided to get a "similar" Suzuki...... lo and behold, we found the GS version of the GL. A 1983 GS1100GK!

Something else I am happy to share - my wife decided she wanted to learn to ride, so we bought her a 1983 GS450E. I'll have to look around for pictures of her bike.....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I'll have to start a thread for the GK for sure, but here are some more pics

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome back to you and welcome for her. Seems you got a good thing going... Wondering why the gs450? Very similar to a GR650 as far as wgt, HP, and seat hgt.... not that it's any of my business.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

She was concerned about the power of a 650, and I was more concerned with availability of parts. Here's a crappy pic from the sellers listing.

Her bike is in really good shape for the price. It was dropped on the left side, but the handlebars and the turn signal took the brunt of it. And oddly enough, the float for the fuel gauge sending unit is gone...... like, not loose and rattling around in the tank, but GONE!

Comment

Welcome back! That 450 looks like an '83 11E...buy it!
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

No doubt 450 would be way more known as a starter bike... Shhhhh, we won't mention the slight GR vs GS HP difference
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks for the welcome btw fellas.

I found a picture of my 1980 GS450S. Quick rundown of what was done: GS850G triple tree, GS500 forks / front wheel / fender, Bandit 400 rear wheel with disc conversion, 520 chain conversion, carbs and other parts from the GS500 as well, and obviously the Katana 1/4 fairing from Airtech. What a great little bike!

Comment

WElcome. ANd thanks for the posts and pics.

I have also thought that the GK was Suzukis answer to the GoldWing, but your picture

sure makes them look a lot a like, with both of those being about the same color combination.

And, Hey! You found a fairly oroginl complete GK, that is still a GK. Most of them have been deeKayed.
                    Last edited by Redman; 12-15-2023, 09:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Western PA.... Ellwood PA... I was looking to see if near Johnstown PA (my dads hometown), and I see you maybe kinda close to GSR's famous member from Youngstown Ohio.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Rich, welcome back. I remember you but for some reason don't remember your former 450. That thing looks like a whole lot of fun.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome from NE Ohio. I have old coworkers that work out near you.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen!

I am a little ways away from Johnstown, but I have been thru there quite a few times. And Ellwood City is an odd little town..... most people have never heard of it. If they know the area, I say I'm south of New Castle. If not, I'm northwest of Pittsburgh.

I think the only person I have actually met from the GSR is BarnbikeTom......

Comment

Welcome back Rich.

Comment

Working...
                              X