No announcement yet.

Hello from Conroe, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great score on the NOS tank and NOS seat along with the other spares. Have you started working on the Kat yet or are you still in shock sorting through the mountain of spares?
    Shin-Ken 1074
    1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
    1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
      Wow, great score on the NOS tank and NOS seat along with the other spares. Have you started working on the Kat yet or are you still in shock sorting through the mountain of spares?
      Yes, I have started working on the Kat. Front to back checking hardware condition and torque specs and whatnot. My main, annoying, frustrating issue now is the wiring harness. The bike came with 2 harnesses. Old, crispy, chopped and in poor condition original and a brand new harness, in the bag.

Well, the brand new harness appears to be from a Japan seller and I'm not having luck in getting the E-Start button to work. I mean, I have a wiring diagram, bypassed the kickstand switch, bypassed the clutch switch, have tested and even jumped the starter relay and everything works....except when pressing the button on the right switch. BTW, the RH switch, brand new, never used...I pulled from the Suzuki bag...I'm starting to get lost on what's going on! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by texranger View Post

Yes, I have started working on the Kat. Front to back checking hardware condition and torque specs and whatnot. My main, annoying, frustrating issue now is the wiring harness. The bike came with 2 harnesses. Old, crispy, chopped and in poor condition original and a brand new harness, in the bag.

Well, the brand new harness appears to be from a Japan seller and I'm not having luck in getting the E-Start button to work. I mean, I have a wiring diagram, bypassed the kickstand switch, bypassed the clutch switch, have tested and even jumped the starter relay and everything works....except when pressing the button on the right switch. BTW, the RH switch, brand new, never used...I pulled from the Suzuki bag...I'm starting to get lost on what's going on! LOL
        I would like to help out with your wiring problem however, elect-trickery is not my thing. Wiring and electric gremlins I have to get done by others who know what their doing. Most everything else I am O.K. with but not that invisible sorcery stuff.

Shin-Ken 1074
        1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post

I would like to help out with your wiring problem however, elect-trickery is not my thing. Wiring and electric gremlins I have to get done by others who know what their doing. Most everything else I am O.K. with but not that invisible sorcery stuff.
          All good, I appreciate the offer. I'm happy to update that I have found the issue and now the electrical system and switchgear is in working order. I was the typical case of (1) single wire being not connected and then a ground wire in the wrong spot.
          Now I can continue with everything else and get closer to finally ride my Kat!
          Cheers!

Comment

Hi Nic. GS750/870?
            I thought the 750 only went out to 810cc I could be wrong though...
            I use to have that Wiseco catalog memorized. Haha
            Anyway welcome...
            "God Bless Texas"
            "You can all go to Hell, I'm going to Texas"
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              Hi Nic. GS750/870?
              I thought the 750 only went out to 810cc I could be wrong though...
              I use to have that Wiseco catalog memorized. Haha
              Anyway welcome...
              "God Bless Texas"
              "You can all go to Hell, I'm going to Texas"
              Hello Storm, thanks for the welcome! - I need to find the build documents that came with the bike (purchased from original owner...which he bought in Japan while stationed in the AF). Most of mods the done to it were performed while in Japan. I'm very positive it's a 870CC in it....the power delivery is strong. The amount of mods and rare parts on it are very unique. Here's a quick pic of it...with big sisters watching!

Resized_20230722_133420.jpg

Comment

Wow! A spectacular trio.
                Lester, Morris mags on the 750?
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Wow! A spectacular trio.
                  Lester, Morris mags on the 750?
                  Thanks! - Rearsets, mags and a few other parts are BEET (cast markings). Not much info about these guys outside Japan...I believe

Comment

Originally posted by texranger View Post

All good, I appreciate the offer. I'm happy to update that I have found the issue and now the electrical system and switchgear is in working order. I was the typical case of (1) single wire being not connected and then a ground wire in the wrong spot.
                    Now I can continue with everything else and get closer to finally ride my Kat!
                    Cheers!
                    Glad to hear you have sorted out the electric problem and the Kat is closer to being out on the road. Beet motorcycle products have a huge following in Japan however, their sales outside of Japan are very limited. Great products just difficult to obtain if you live outside of Japan.
                    Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 02-03-2024, 03:49 AM.
                    Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

Working...
                    X