Re-inroduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-inroduce myself

Hi all , I wanted to reintroduce myself. I have spent a bit of time on this site but dis-appear from time to time as I get into different projects. Looks like I probably disappeared due to inactivity. Anyway I'm from Battle Ground , Washington which is about 30 miles from the once great city of Portland Oregon. I have a couple big Suzuki's. The first is a 1983 GS1100 ESD that I purchased new. It has a lot of really good memories and is a bike I will keep forever and pass to my son. I finished a partial restoration on it a couple years ago. I say partial as I didn't repaint the frame as it was still in pretty good shape as the bike has always been stored indoors. Most of the $$ went into the motor. It had about 50,000 miles on it when I parked it in about 1994. I went with the Wiesco piston kit, had the crank rebuilt with new bearings, head flowed, web-cam, springs, hardened followers, billet clutch hub, 38 smoothbores etc. It dyno'ed at 129 rwhp. and is a really fun streetable motor. I mostly ride it out to the races or bike nights to give the old timers something to talk about. My current project is a little brother to the 1100 a 1979 GS1000 S . I purchased this bike about 10 years ago for $500 off Craig's list. I see mirrors now on E-Bay for $1300 - crazy. It has about 29,000 miles and hadn't been registered since 1982. Still had the gas in the tank from then. I've smelled varnished gas before but nothing like this, you could smell it 2 blocks away. Bike had corrosion but I didn't think it was too bad. At this point I have all bodywork repainted' came out better than expected. Coated the inside of gas tank so I don't have to worry about rust with this crappy gas. Some might have seen my post on rusted / stuck cylinder. I tried some suggestions with no luck. I will keep working to try and free it up but have ordered another engine to keep this project moving. Waiting for it to arrive to see what it needs. Just wanted to thank the guru's on here for their great ideas and advice. See Salty Monk brake upgrade on my 1100. I think this is one of the better forum sites I have visited . Guess I will have to read up on posting photo's as it said file was to big

Welcome back. .
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

We need to see pictures of that 11ES!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        We need to see pictures of that 11ES!
        and we like paragraphs.

Guide to posting pics linked in my signature.

Welcome back.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm still confused about that stuck GS1000 eng. It shouldn't be stuck that tight unless was stored for yrs. with water in several cyl. You'll eventually figure it out, we'll sure want to know what you find.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Comment

Did the link above work for you guys to see a few pictures in my album ?

Comment

Yes, and that is an excellent looking ES. Nice work.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

you almost got it.

Yes, the link worked. And that's great. If you want to post a pic in the forum like below, copy the BBcode and paste it into your post.

IMG_0992 by Jeremy Dix, on Flickr
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

There it is...the first bike to break into the tens. Fancy brakes, top end oiler. Any other go fast parts?
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                    X