returning member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

returning member

Hello all, Im a returning member after a lengthly absence. I have the oportunity to pick up a 1983 GS750ES here in Ontario. It is fairly clean, has lots of spark, turns over strongly but is a no start. the owner says it ran last summer until it didnt and he just shelved it as he had another bike to ride. He's asking 2k for it, Im thinking that it would make a great project bike. I plan to use this resource quite heavily and will likely ask some silly questions along the way. Thanks for this site as I know the volume of info it and it's members have to share.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome from B.C. That looks to be very well worth it.
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Welcome back from Victoria BC...Grew up in Woodstock Ont....I purchased an 83 gs750e new...and I bought one 4 years ago....great bike. 2 grand sounds a bit high imo for a non starter. But it looks pretty tidy....please keep us posted.
      No signature

Comment

Yeah, welcome back, where the heck you been?... Everybody has different ideas, but to me a project is to buy something "cheeeeap" then get it up and going. Nice looking bike, and should be an OK buy for $2K, but only if it were already running properly.... Heck you could almost buy my "83" GS1100E for that price and ride it home.. But mine's the old drab ugly dark blue W/ black everything. not near as pretty and happy looking as this ES... Thinking "it ran last summer till it didn't". Seems odd, I've never had one don't just quit running.. Would guess not a big problem to get going, but never know..
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I had an 81 GS750 that I sold about 12 years ago, moved on to a Kawasaki ZRX1200 and then to a couple of BMW RT's, an 07, a 2013 and finally a 2017. Sold the 2017 BMW last year. I saw this GS for sale and fondly remembered a friend who had the exact bike new back in the day, I always loved it. So now im on the hunt again. Im negotiating the price with him currently. I agree that it would be better if it was running at 2k. Also gotta remember that 2K Canadian is about 1400 USD. He started at $2500.00 Im thinking more like 1500.00

Comment

Originally posted by Rjack6811 View Post
            ...gotta remember that 2K Canadian is about 1400 USD...
            That is a difference.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

That is a difference.
              Yeah if you are an American buying it...lol
              No signature

Comment

Yeah, it's that whole "not running" part.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                X