My first GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scratcher09 View Post
    (Just a test to see if I'm posting image properly)
    Yep.

And overcast sky makes for good photo too (less shadows).
    What, and overcast day in SA....?
    Maybe rare, but I know does happen. Last time I was there (visiting daughter in Sequin when she was there) I rode most all day in downpour.

Do I see a wheel there in background powder coated to match the engine....?

Frame and engine really look great.
    Will keep an eye on this thread to see what else you do.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Today, I prepped and painted some parts--wheels,swing arm, fork legs and odds and ends. Painting the frame and most of these parts would have been easier if I would not have had to remove the rattle can job the PO did. I'd rather remove any unstable paint than paint over it.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Today, I smoothed out the fork tubes. There were minor pits. I sanded with 1500 grit and polished them. I pinstriped the wheels too. Coming along slowly but surely.

Comment

^^I like the pinstripes...nice touch!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yesterday I powder coated some more parts like the rear springs. I installed the swing arm and rear wheel (a second pair of hands would have made things a lot easier). I'll make more progress tomorrow.

Comment

I lubricated everything on the the swing arm and final drive.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                ^^I like the pinstripes...nice touch!

Ed
                Me too.
                I am usually not a fan but these stripes are subtle and nice.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Today I installed the new gaskets on the stator, clutch, and ignition covers. I also replaced the seals on the shift shaft and clutch actuator shaft. My next task will be to check the valve clearances and replace the oil pan gasket.

Comment

I replaced the oil pan gasket and checked the valve clearances. A few of the shims should be replaced. Today, I cut n welded some handle bars.

Comment

Black forks and final drive... hmm, I think I like that.
                      Charles
                      --
                      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I'm installing the wire harness and have a question. Where does the regulator/rectifier mount?

Ok, I think I figured it out. Please correct me if I am wrong. It mounts on the frame just above and forward from the rear tank mounting tabs.
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I got a bit sidetracked from my GS project and built a little paint booth in my garage. It's made out of pvc and easily comes apart for storage. The plastic drop cloths are cheap enough to just replace any time I set it up. It worked really well. Maybe I'll post a thread about it in the tips n tricks section.

Comment

^^Pretty cool man!

I wanna eventually clean up my tank...inside and out. Simple set-up so you are motivating me.

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hah! Much nicer than my painting tent, bike looks really nice.

**Update**

Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2014, 07:33 PM. Reason: ad image

Comment

Powder coated the brake calipers and rebuilt them today. I'm next going to rebuild the master cylinders.

Comment

Working...
                                X