No announcement yet.

New member just bought mint 1977 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get that kind of money for the restored 2 stroke Kaws because they are nearing extinction. There are still a lot of GS Suzis out there. Supply and demand. Never was an H1 or H2 anywhere near as good a bike to own and ride. Yes, they were fast, and they sounded like sh*t, the ones I rode were evil handling, peaky wheelie happy rat traps. A buddy of mine tried hard to sell me his decent shape H2, and I should have bought it as an investment. It would have sat other than maintenance rides.

Comment

Beautiful machine. I'd keep it, that thing is sweet, and my favorite color too.

Comment

Lots of interest from evil bay….shouldn't think this will last long.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
          You get that kind of money for the restored 2 stroke Kaws because they are nearing extinction. There are still a lot of GS Suzis out there. Supply and demand. Never was an H1 or H2 anywhere near as good a bike to own and ride. Yes, they were fast, and they sounded like sh*t, the ones I rode were evil handling, peaky wheelie happy rat traps. A buddy of mine tried hard to sell me his decent shape H2, and I should have bought it as an investment. It would have sat other than maintenance rides.
          Not to mention that the early ones were 20 mpg bikes. Not enough range to get out of town on.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

OK sold first day for, had 4 people wanting it so it went to first one who offered me cash deal for a price I couldn't refuse. Beat Griffins estimate by a long chalk. Looks like mint GS's are getting sought after now…sorry to see her go though!
            It went to a good home though, the guy has a collection of absolute museum quality 70's Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda 4 strokes so she'll fit right in.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent777 View Post
              OK sold first day for, had 4 people wanting it so it went to first one who offered me cash deal for a price I couldn't refuse. Beat Griffins estimate by a long chalk. Looks like mint GS's are getting sought after now…sorry to see her go though!
              It went to a good home though, the guy has a collection of absolute museum quality 70's Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda 4 strokes so she'll fit right in.
              Where was your ebay listing? I never saw it. I started looking for it as soon as you posted this:

Lots of interest from evil bay….shouldn't think this will last long.
              I never found it.
              sigpic

SUZUKI:
              1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
              HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
              KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
              YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

That was my first big street bike. I went from a Kawasaki 175 2-stroke enduro to the GS. Got 3 tickets in 3 weeks! Thats what got me into roadracing and off the street racing.
                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Congrats on the sale, glad you got what you needed.
                  I don't think i am out of line is asking....can you please let us know what that offer was.
                  It would be good to have a benchmark price.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

We hear that all the time.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i was interested in the oil pump gears

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                        Where was your ebay listing? I never saw it. I started looking for it as soon as you posted this:

I never found it.

Comment

Winning bid:US $2,800.00
                          [ 2 bids ]

Comment

That's not it, that's the other one.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Blowerbike, didn't you mean "worm gear"?

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

I never found it.
                                So what was the Ebay Item number on it? I can't find it either My guess is there is some smoke being blown

That other one mentioned is from lincoln ne and it this is at least the second time around that it has been sold in the last few weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X