• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allie View Post
    heheh.....
    + 1

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

They usually give plaques not trophies.... here are this years superbike heavyweight rules:

b) ENGINE
      1) All engines must use OEM crankcases, cylinders and heads from the period
      1982 and earlier.
      2) Allowed displacement may be arrived at in any manner (i.e., stroker and sleeve
      kits are legal). Aftermarket “big block” kits are not allowed (see 1. above).
      3) All round-slide carbs are allowed (Keihin CR, Dell’Orto, Mikuni “smooth
      bore” and like design). Flat-slide carbs are not allowed. Pumper carbs may be 53
      used, but the pumper mechanism must be disabled. 1025cc four-cylinders may
      use carburetors up to 29mm, or the stock constant-velocity carburetors that
      were original equipment on that machine.
      4) Any exhaust system design is allowed. However, all exhaust systems must be
      equipped with an effective silencer. Open pipes and reverse cone megaphones
      are not silencers. All exhaust systems must include sound-attenuation material
      or devices. Modern canister-type silencers are not allowed. Period-style exhaust
      systems are encouraged. See rule 9.3.h.
      5) Liquid-cooled or two-stroke engines are prohibited.
      c) CHASSIS AND FRAME
      1) Frame must be a production model built no later than 1982 (or like design).
      2) Frame modifications are allowed (bracing or gussets allowed, steering head
      angle may be altered, shock location changed or altered, etc.), but welds and
      modifications must be of the highest quality and are subject to scrutiny at tech
      inspection.
      3) Approved period aftermarket swingarms or accurate replicas are permitted.
      Shock location may be changed and OEM swingarm may be reinforced, short- ened or lengthened. Models which employ OEM single-shock rear suspension
      must use OEM swingarm, may not reposition shock, and may not add linkage.
      4) Standard shock configuration must be used, but shock(s) may be repositioned.
      Remote reservoir shocks are not allowed, although piggyback shocks are.
      BMW models may replicate factory Superbikes of the period.
      5) Front forks must be of OEM or aftermarket origin, with stanchions no larger
      than 41mm in diameter. Anti-dive and external adjusters are allowed. Forks
      must be conventional type (no upside-down units).
      6) Handlebars must be fitted to the original mounts, and must not be below the top
      of the fork crowns. No Clubman bars or clip-ons, except when used as original
      equipment.
      7) Any wheel diameter from 16-inch to 19-inch is allowed. Maximum rim width:
      4.5-inch rear, 3.5-inch front. Wheels may be wire-spoked or mag-style in
      either alloy or magnesium. Modern alloy mag-type wheels are permitted. Cut/
      machined wheels (Performance Machine, etc.) are not permitted. However, As- tralite and Comstar wheels are allowed. If uncertain as to the legality of certain
      wheels, please contact the Vintage Superbike Rules & Eligibility Committee
      with questions before making a purchase.
      8) Only single- or two-piston brake calipers are allowed. Front and rear discs,
      floating or rigid mount of any material except carbon fiber, are allowed.
      “Wave” or petal-type rotors are not allowed.
      9) Only treaded modern racing compound tires are allowed. No slicks. Rain tires
      are allowed and may be hand-cut. Tire warmers are not permitted.
      10) Airboxes and toolboxes may be removed or modified.
      11) Fuel tank and bodywork must be as found on the same year and model of
      the production motorcycle on which the racer is based. Motorcycle must have
      original seat, which may be modified or recovered while retaining the stock
      seat pan. Motorcycle must have the front and rear fenders, sidepanels and front
      fairing as the original production model or accurate replicas. Fenders may be
      trimmed to fit tires. No tail sections may be added unless OEM on that model.
      12) Only fairings that were furnished as standard equipment on the street model
      are allowed. Fairings must not extend below the fuel tank.
      13) All motorcycles must use the OEM speedometer and tachometer housing (if
      so equipped). Speedometer and tachometer instruments are optional.

Comment

So we're down to swingarm, fenders, headlight, handlebars, and possibly the seat and instrument housings.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Maybe he breaks all the rules because he's a rebel.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I agree Pilot, I don't see that bike passing tech. not many headlights on the track... green number plates would probably help too. Texas Rebel, what is/was your AHRMA #?

Comment

Hey Rebel

Welcome aboard

I see some of the guys are being tough on you, but then we specialize in tough love. Several of our members are Vintage racers, most notably Joesigns, the current SB champion.

Neat bike and a nice mixture of the past and (sorta) present
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Rebel i was just razzin a bit. Never said I didn't like the build I'd love to take her for a spin. Welcome.

Comment

I would love to try the Vintage roadracing. I wouldn't expect to be any good, but I know I'd have fun. No time for it, though. Can't even find time to go for a pleasure ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X