No announcement yet.

Another GS owner in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome to the forum BIGGUN 1 I'm up in north lincs not far from the humber bridge,be in bude last week in june though,looking forward to it.

Comment

Nice part of the world to visit, I like Bude. Prefer the South Coast though,,,, I gotta say that as I live there :-)

Comment

Hi guys, didn't want hijack the thread, but im down south too in Devon. Just bought a GS1000s Wes Cooley rep from down in Cornwall which is why im here pick it up fri hopefully

Comment

Welcome bloke! Sounds like you got something nice. Please start a thread and post some pics.
          1980 GS550ET

Comment

GS1000S? You lucky sod Makes my 250 sound prety feeble... Perhaps I need another GS - only bigger, although I have been thinking about finding a CBx750Fe - the one with twin square head lights. They look retro and cool and I think one would look nice in my garage.

Comment

Three of us in the south west now? nearly enough for another owners club lol. Just waiting for pics to upload then ill post them in the new owners bit- have a look. It was last on the road in 1996 and recently just been put back together. It runs, barely but the engine is real clean as is the new paintwork. Was hoping it was gonna be almost ready for the road as its MOT'd but as youll see from the pics the tank needs cleaning as do the carbs. So its....

Get tank cleaned out
              Fit new pet cock and hoses
              Take apart carbs
              Check valve shims
              Check clutch nut
              Check starter clutch
              Replace fork seals
              check over the new refurbished brakes
              Replace speedo cable
              Check over clocks
              Ride it. Hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by BigGun1 View Post
                I like it! Nice job. That muffler on the left side though, it looks like you have no ground clearance at all to lean left?
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGun1 View Post
                  GS1000S? You lucky sod Makes my 250 sound prety feeble... Perhaps I need another GS - only bigger, although I have been thinking about finding a CBx750Fe - the one with twin square head lights. They look retro and cool and I think one would look nice in my garage.
                  Thought about one of those before looking at z1 the GSs :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X