I'm back baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back baby

Hi, seems my old account is dead and gone? My last thread was after my accident with my GS750 at the beginning of 2012.

Anyway I created a new account because I have great news.

I might be getting me a GS850GL soon. From the photos I saw she looked in good nick, but will have a friend in the same area go and have a look tomorrow.

So hold thumbs that the bike is good and my bank helps me out.

Hope it works out and welcome back. terrylee

Comment

Welcome back. Frank changhed it so any accts thatb are inactive for 180 days are auto removed from the server thats why yours was gone.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        Welcome back. Frank changhed it so any accts thatb are inactive for 180 days are auto removed from the server thats why yours was gone.
        When Hman said to "hold thumbs" he didn't mean while typing.

Comment

Originally posted by winfield View Post
          When Hman said to "hold thumbs" he didn't mean while typing.
          Lol

Thanks guys, will post pics if the deal goes through

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            That is pretty brutal. Considering the amount of information her, the admins are willing to just wipe it out if there is 6 months of inactivity? That is an eye opener.

Comment

So, my friend had a look at the bike and the engine sounds fine, has a little bit of noise from the head area. I suspect it's the usual cams floating about that we all know. No smoke, starts quick and easy. Instruments are looking a bit tired.

Nothing serious to put me off, so if the bank lends me the money I'll go get her tomorrow. Already have a lift organized too.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                That is pretty brutal. Considering the amount of information her, the admins are willing to just wipe it out if there is 6 months of inactivity? That is an eye opener.
                Information/posts in tech forums are not deleted. User accounts that have not been logged into for 180 days are removed.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thats how it works now Jim....as I understand things.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    From what I've seen, the posts still appear on a google search, but have a non-active indicator (ie, 'guest' or name in plain type) on the user's name, so the info is still there to be found.
                    With the low cost of modern storage, what was the point of saving a few hundred megabytes, I wonder.
                    Last edited by Grimly; 06-28-2014, 06:29 AM.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

So, here I am still without the bike

The bank approved the loan, but due to my cellular provider logging a default with the credit bureau two years ago (while I was in hospital after my crash) and not removing it after I settled the account, they could not release the money.

Got it sorted out on Monday though, so now I will go and get her on Saturday.

Comment

Great success!

Got on a shuttle bus Saturday to go get the bike and rode her back home. She needs a bit of tlc but I will get her sorted. But first I need to give her a good clean, but it will only happen next week as my engine cleaner is finished.

Problems I've noted:
                        • Handle bar slightly bent.
                        • Indicators- not flashing, just stays lit when indicating, indicators swapped around, switch left indicates right etc.
                        • Light switch -broken, thus only high beam works.
                        • Fuel -gauge not working.
                        • Speedo - no cable, but instrument seems broken as well (stuck on 60km/h).
                        • Front Fender - POS plastic crap, will find something better.
                        • Fuel Tank - Dented right side, petcock inop.
                        • Seat - Needs refurbishing.
                        • Engine - Noise from the top end, needs shims probably. Needs to cam end covers. Side cover "decals" (Suzuki & DOHC) looks really tired

The rest of the bike seems to be in great shape.
                        Next weekend I'm going to drain the oil, change the oil filter, clean the air filter, check the chain tensioner for operation etc.

Comment

So, this weekend I managed to service her and give her a wash. Still have to tend to the other issues.

Went for a ride on Sunday, and it was a lot of fun.

Comment

So, the spray painter where I work had a Katana he was struggling with (electrical problem). I rewired the bike for him, payment for my service was painting my bike's tank and side covers.

Result:

Comment

Not a bad trade! I wish I could find more bartering deals like that around here.

Can't wait to get the top-end rebuilt on my 850 so I can get a few rides in before the weather turns to crap even more.
                              Charles
                              --
                              1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X