• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo

Comment

Comment

Comment

oh man...that's a bad azz busa for sure.
          I've had 5 at different times from 99 to 02..mostly stock and had a blast but these bikes go near 100 mph in low gear stock..
          my license was suffering..after selling my 02 SE model i bought a harley and my po po problems went away
          on a fast GS you actually know when your breaking the law...on a busa 80 feels like 40 but the cops don't understand :0
          i was a hardcore member over at suzukihayabusa.org..lot of great guys...had a hell of a time hanging there in the early 2000's..i'm still a member but not active.
          i'm not even sure if motorhead dennis is still around...it's been a while for sure.

Comment

Thanks Blowerbike, I have a CDL license as well, so you could imagine the trouble I could get into with my last street busa, it was a 07 turbo 300hp, man do I miss that bike. The GSXR 1000s are trouble too. I seen another post were someone says they have a GS 1150 with the 3.5 rear rim, is that rim a big deal or something? only real reason I started collecting the GSs was for the engines, now I really like the bikes but they dont seem to be worth as much as id like them to be. I also have a Mr Turbo kit for one. The turbo drag bikes you had, were they gas? Or alcohol?

Comment

the 3.5 1150 wheel is 85-86 only...the 84 was 3.0
              i have sold the 3.5's for 20 years anyways for guys with 1000's-1100's so they can add and inch or more plus go with a 150 tire.
              and yes i sold everyone I've ever had...kinda like the 80-83 1100 swing arms...sold most of those to kawi guys as they are a 90% bolt on.
              and...lol
              the 8" head lights are crazy money..most of mine has went to ZRX guys.
              my bike in the picture is a basic gas draw threw..nothing special...FF40 rajay and a super B carb.
              i had an alky funny bike that had billy's old system on it from the stock cradle pro comp he went almost 200 on...the katana body bike from the 90's back before pro mod became a nitrous class
              i sold the F/B roller back to the original owner/builder a few years ago...it's looking mighty fine as far as old school goes.
              i use the same handle on suzukihayabusa.org.
              here's the thread on it..shows when he got it back from me and how it looks today.

Last edited by blowerbike; 12-22-2014, 01:13 AM. Reason: Super B :0

Comment

oh,
                yeah 1150's are priced great for the most part if your buying but selling...seems the older kawi's(80's GPz's and such) bring 1/3 or more money.
                when i bought these bikes i pulled the engines and sold the rollers right away to free up space.
                looks like you just stacked them side by side..

Comment

The turbos still sound fantastic.
                  Foggy memory but think i saw this bike at Atco a couple times.
                  Chris Iovine making an exhibition run at the 1989 IHRA Gateway Nationals promoting the newly formed IHRA Motorcycle Division, later known as Prostar.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Atco, as in New Jersey?
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks for the Video Steve, that bike was moving around quit a bit. Sounded good.

Comment

Blowerbike, over the years I have parted quite a few, seems the engines was all the money, didn't get much for rollers, I decided id sit on a few to see if the made a come back, only reason id consider parting with any of them, is too many irons in the fire. I like to think the dont cost me to sit there, but space is worth a bunch for me these days. Motor head was working at a local shop up until about 6 to 8 months ago. Haven't seen him since.

Comment

that's the bike steve...
                          chris ran gas/nitrous.
                          when i bought it from the guy he sold it to(cherry hill nj)....it had Billy V.'s alky set up on it.
                          i sold it back to chris as a roller after smoking a couple credit cards...rich man's game :0
                          dennis was a character..lol
                          hope is doing good.

Comment

Working...
                          X