Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
    I've never seen an L as beautiful as this T.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]45947[/ATTACH]
    I love that T. I want to get mine that low... (and pretty) someday...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Some updated photos from today. Put the factory airbox back in and got all my emblems and side covers together to take a few pics real quick. Didn't get a chance to start it up yet but am fairly confident about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        I love that T. I want to get mine that low... (and pretty) someday...
        I saved a couple of pics of this bike. In this one you can see a bracket that kicks the bottom of the rear shock back a couple of inches to lower the rear and the forks are dropped an inch in the trees.

Attached Files
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

That is a Beautiful "T" gsrick. I wonder what kind of ride it would be with a lowered profile.

When I installed the VH/4-1 pipes (with the help of MrBill) I rode over a speed bump and slightly bumped the bottom of the pipes. This, at the standard height so I can't imagine what kinda damage would happen on a lowered "T".

Sailor_bob, your "T" is looking great! Enjoy the ride.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'm just adding my eye candy to add it

IMG_6987.jpg
            2010 Honda VFR1200F
            1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
            Being Revisited
            1981 Honda CM400T
            http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post
              I'm just adding my eye candy to add it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45962[/ATTACH]

Nice "T". That's an interesting design on the side cover.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Both gorgeous bikes guys!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  Nice "T". That's an interesting design on the side cover.

Ed
                  The Japanese rising sun? I felt it appropriate
                  2010 Honda VFR1200F
                  1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                  Being Revisited
                  1981 Honda CM400T
                  http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

My son and I are working up a xl250s from boxes of parts, the rising sun will be on the cover, cool idea.

Question brothers... I need a new oil filter which is easy to find, as I recall the T gasket (o ring) is different than the one in that comes standard with the filter. Where are you getting yours?

I had fuel fill the entire engine. I replaced the petcock and drained the oily gas mixture which splashed out like the bike had food poisoning.

Safe travels. Yasser
                    Last edited by yasser; 06-19-2016, 09:54 AM.
                    Hondas
                    '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                    Suzuki
                    '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                    Kaw
                    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                      My son and I are working up a xl250s from boxes of parts, the rising sun will be on the cover, cool idea.

Question brothers... I need a new oil filter which is easy to find, as I recall the T gasket (o ring) is different than the one in that comes standard with the filter. Where are you getting yours?

I had fuel fill the entire engine. I replaced the petcock and drained the oily gas mixture which splashed out like the bike had food poisoning.

Safe travels. Yasser
                      Yasser,
                      I have been buying Hiflo brand filters and they come with 2 o-rings, one of which fits our bikes.

D

Comment

I use K&N oil filters, and they come with 2 gaskets as well. They really don't cost much either...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Thanks guys. Had the T out yesturday AM with the wife. Some mornings are just perfect.
                          Last edited by yasser; 07-04-2016, 11:28 AM.
                          Hondas
                          '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                          Suzuki
                          '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                          Kaw
                          '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            The tank is smaller on an "L" and the "T" has rear brake shoes. The step seat is not as prominent on the "T". Grab rail is also different.

Ed
                            Seems odd the "T" would have 16 valves but rear drum brakes.
                            1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                            1983 GS 1100 G
                            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                              Seems odd the "T" would have 16 valves but rear drum brakes.
                              They went economical with the brake shoes I guess...it's what was in the parts bin (from what I've read). It was introduced as a 1982/83 model only which is kinda cool. The rear brake isn't used much anyway; I bought a pair of shoes thinking I had to replace them but the current ones have plenty of pad left in them.

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                                Thanks guys. Had the T out yesturday AM with the wife. Some mornings are just perfect.
                                Sorry yasser , I use the HiFlo oil filter and gasket that curves onto the cover. Glad you had a nice ride.

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X