Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just trying to post some pics...hope it works.

82 GS750T
    81 GS750E
    83 GS1100ES
    # Misc Parts is always > # of Running Bikes

Comment

Nice "T"

Hey JS750,

Bike looks great! You have a chrome headlight just like I do on mine (it's not the original). I also see a braided front line, original pipes and shocks (mine are gone/replaced).

Your tank is much better looking than mine and you have side covers!

Thanks for posting pics...I can see them perfectly.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thx Ed, Im glad the pics worked. Yea the new brake line was the first mod I did when I got the bike. I figured trusting 30 year old rubber wasn't the best idea on two wheels. I'll post a pic of the nasty crap that came out of my master cylinder and caliper some time. I will be flushing brake fluid regularly on every bike I own just because of that.

I'm getting a new tire next before the spring hits and I'd love to upgrade the rear shocks, any suggestions on brand or type? I've measured mine to be 13" eyelet to clevis.

I wouldn't be surprised if the headlight was changed cause I know it was dropped at least once, but it might also be an early model (Vin says its an 81) so I dunno. I'm jealous of your exhaust lol. Maybe next year I'll upgrade to a 4-1, but I spent so much time de-rusting, cleaning, and polishing the stock ones I'm not gonna rush it.

- Josh
        82 GS750T
        81 GS750E
        83 GS1100ES

Comment

THAT is a VERY fine '82 you have there JS ! ! !
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Replaced Parts

Originally posted by JS750 View Post
            Thx Ed, Im glad the pics worked. Yea the new brake line was the first mod I did when I got the bike. I figured trusting 30 year old rubber wasn't the best idea on two wheels. I'll post a pic of the nasty crap that came out of my master cylinder and caliper some time. I will be flushing brake fluid regularly on every bike I own just because of that.
            I've got this covered...start at Post #52.

I'm getting a new tire next before the spring hits and I'd love to upgrade the rear shocks, any suggestions on brand or type? I've measured mine to be 13" eyelet to clevis.
            I bought my V&H/4-1 from Z1Enterprises as well as my Progressive shocks...see here post# 132:

I wouldn't be surprised if the headlight was changed cause I know it was dropped at least once, but it might also be an early model (Vin says its an 81) so I dunno. I'm jealous of your exhaust lol. Maybe next year I'll upgrade to a 4-1, but I spent so much time de-rusting, cleaning, and polishing the stock ones I'm not gonna rush it.

- Josh
            Well, I can't seem to find the pic I have of the original headlight from my second "T". I've been told that it's off an "L" model which is fine with me.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              I've got this covered...start at Post #52.

Ed

Mine was pretty nasty too lol.

I've ordered a couple things from Z1 and was pretty happy with them. I'm doing little things first with it being my first bike so a rejet and exhaust will probably be next winters project. I'm gonna ride and have fun til I get an a itch to make it a little faster lol. Here's a few more pics before I took it apart to clean/paint stuff.

82 GS750T
              81 GS750E
              83 GS1100ES

Comment

Some nice looking motorbikes in this thread!
                Charles
                --
                1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Lookin' Good!

I've ordered a couple things from Z1 and was pretty happy with them. I'm doing little things first with it being my first bike so a rejet and exhaust will probably be next winters project. I'm gonna ride and have fun til I get an a itch to make it a little faster lol. Here's a few more pics before I took it apart to clean/paint stuff.

Yeah!!!

That's a good plan. My bike is plenty fast...it doesn't launch (at least I don't do spin outs). Routing through gears 3-5 is the best...of course being in 5th--she really digs going past the 85mph speedo's limits. Easily hits triple digits--glad I put on the fork brace MrBill recommended; also changed out the fork oil (Bill helped me with that); makes me feel better knowing it is done.

The V&H/4-1 also dropped about 35-40lbs of weight on the bike...and the 17.5 main jets worked great. The new rear shocks also made for better comfort on long rides...to me, long rides are 75 miles or less/one-way.

Enjoy your "T" my fellow T-brother. I'm regretting not bringing my moto out this way to n. Florida. But, I must live with my decision until I get back to her. Ride on, man!

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hey Ed, I might have a set of spare side covers if you want em!

Here's some pics of my T's for the thread.

My 82 and 83, while out for a spin when my brother was up from Florida.

And this is my favorite picture of my first and most beloved T.

And one more, just because. This is my phones main wallpaper!
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

T-Collection

^^Hey Tank,

Thanks for posting those beautiful pictures! Your "T" collections aren't too bad either!!! Your FAV first "T" will always be the ONE. I know mine is too.

That would be awesome about the side covers. I'm in no rush for them but I'm sure this year will go by fast and before I know it, I'll be back in Delaware. I'll let you know the particulars at some point.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

THE BEAST LIVES ! ! ! ! What's up Tank ! ? ! How's the weather treating you guys up there?
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Hey guys,

I have a 1982 gs750TZ. Could any of you help me find a Suzuki service manual? I have a Clymer - but I want the actual factory service manual. A website link or PDF would be great. If anyone has a extra laying around or would be willing to photocopy one I can send you a check. Thanks!

-Nate

Comment

Originally posted by WileyPete View Post
                            Hey guys,

I have a 1982 gs750TZ. Could any of you help me find a Suzuki service manual? I have a Clymer - but I want the actual factory service manual. A website link or PDF would be great. If anyone has a extra laying around or would be willing to photocopy one I can send you a check. Thanks!

-Nate
                            Well I got tired of heading off to find the link so I just now added it to my signature. Click on the GSR Greeting link below. It's your starting point to factory service manuals, tutorials, and everything you need to know about maintaining your GS.
                            Charles
                            --
                            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Yeah I have seen the mega welcome... Still no help in terms of tracking down 1982 gs750t suzuki service manual... Anyone else willing to help me out? I know someone must have it.

Thanks!

Nate

Comment

I have looked High and Low for such a manual over the last 7 years, and never found one. One would think these bikes don't exist...

And even the after market manuals isn't exactly "T" specific. Hell the one I have says it's for 750-1100T models. They never made an 1100, so I made my own...

If you DO find one post the details here for others to utilize please.
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

Comment

Working...
                                X