Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    The boots on this case assembly (without the chrome side covers) are: 13881-49020. They are right on the side easily visible.

There are rings holding them in...on the 750s they are not solid rings but on the 1100 they seem to be solid rings keeping them in place. How do I go about removing them without damaging the boot? They are still pliable, btw and I don't wanna mess this up.

Ed
    Oh man those solid rings are a bitch to get on. When I got new boots for the air box, I had ordered new boot rings as well. Apparently they had change the rings at some time and I got the solid ones. The ones I took off were the split rings. I must have worked for hours trying to install the boots with the new solid rings. Finally I said screw it, spread the split rings a part a bit and installed those in no time. All they are for is to keep the boots from slipping out of the hole. I guess you could even cut the solid ring into and use them that way? As long as they have a good fit inside why not?
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Oh man those solid rings are a bitch to get on. When I got new boots for the air box, I had ordered new boot rings as well. Apparently they had change the rings at some time and I got the solid ones. The ones I took off were the split rings. I must have worked for hours trying to install the boots with the new solid rings. Finally I said screw it, spread the split rings a part a bit and installed those in no time. All they are for is to keep the boots from slipping out of the hole. I guess you could even cut the solid ring into and use them that way? As long as they have a good fit inside why not?
      If Ed is able to get the old ones out I may have to split them to get them back in. Once I get all the parts and time I need...lol....I will start a thread on the 1100 transplant. So far all I have done is move the motor from the back of my truck to the garage. I want to utilize the stock air system rather than use pods. Pods for some reason make me feel weird inside....lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        Wait... Does that mean you are HOME?!? Have you blown the dust off the T yet?
        I feel terrible...I haven't even sat on her. It's too bloody cold in the garage--friggen' Florida weather done messed me up! lol

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        Yeah, they're a pain alright, Bill. Seems like I will have to alter their circular state just to shimmy them out of the ridge you're talking about. I wouldn't think using warm water and dish soap while cleaning and manipulating them out would be harmful. They'll be slippery for sure...maybe I'll pour just a tad of dish soap on the area underneath where the rings are located they will slide out. I'll have to bend back the boot...this will really test the pliability of it.

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
        If Ed is able to get the old ones out I may have to split them to get them back in. Once I get all the parts and time I need...lol....I will start a thread on the 1100 transplant. So far all I have done is move the motor from the back of my truck to the garage. I want to utilize the stock air system rather than use pods. Pods for some reason make me feel weird inside....lol!
        I may not have time to mail them to you while I'm here...which in that case, I'll put them in my luggage and send them to you from my address in Jacksonville. Seems like you've got your hands full as well. It will all come together...one piece of the puzzle at a time.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Home for Thanksgiving

Alright, I've had some alone time with my bike and took these pics. I want to dedicate my time to her but right now is not the time. This is a family holiday and I am concentrating on other responsibilities.

Sometimes I wish work wasn't so wrapped up on a delivery schedule. It puts alot of pressure on everyone and makes simple processes more difficult. Oh well...onto the pics.

My dirty "L" seat

Cob web Front Wheel

Front side

Not too much oil in the drip pan

Rear Wheel Baby!

Carbs aren't too bad looking. I know they will need to be cleaned/rebuilt

Oil Pan leakage

Looking good on the right side

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I may not have time to mail them to you while I'm here...which in that case, I'll put them in my luggage and send them to you from my address in Jacksonville. Seems like you've got your hands full as well. It will all come together...one piece of the puzzle at a time.

Ed
            No worries Ed. Enjoy your time with the family!

Derek

Comment

No worries Ed. Enjoy your time with the family!

Derek
              Thanks Derek. Sometimes I go over board but thanks for reminding me.

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Derek,

I was not able to get them out...too tempted to put a flat screw driver to them and tear them up! Do you want to buy the whole air box? It's definitely not the same as the 750...the diameters are wider/for sure.

I'll be home for Christmas/New Year's in a couple of weeks. I'm sure you can wait...right? If not, not biggie.

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 11-27-2015, 11:22 PM.
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Derek,

I was not able to get them out...too tempted to put a flat screw driver to them and tear them up! Do you want to buy the whole air box? It's definitely not the same as the 750...the diameters are wider/for sure.

I'll be home for Christmas/New Year's in a couple of weeks. I'm sure you can wait...right? If not, not biggie.

Ed
                  Ed,

Ya let me sleep on it. No rush. I don't want you to tear up the boots! I wonder if the box it is the same dimensions just the holes are bigger?
                  I will research...in the meantime enjoy the holiday. I have a ABS sensor to replace in my daughters car before I even look at my bike.

D

Comment

Derek, take a look at post #83, its the bottom air box without the chrome covers. There are several part numbers on it.

Anyway, if you pay for the shipping, I'll send it to you.

Ed

EDIT: I'm flying back to JAX today.
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 11-28-2015, 08:58 AM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ed,
                      Let's do it....my zip is 83835. Let me know what you can ship it for and what you want for box and I will send you $.
                      I will pm you my address.
                      Got the daughters abs sensor replaced last night and starting pulling bits off the "new" motor. Cleaning up this beast is going to be a project!

Comment

Hey Derek,

I'm very easy going. I pretty much gave away my luggage rack to a member on here who never even offered to pay for shipping. I thought I was doing a good thing but they never even bothered to offer anything for my time. I'll forgive but won't forget. Just be honest with me and I'll help.

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hey Derek,

I'm very easy going. I pretty much gave away my luggage rack to a member on here who never even offered to pay for shipping. I thought I was doing a good thing but they never even bothered to offer anything for my time. I'll forgive but won't forget. Just be honest with me and I'll help.

Ed

I understand 100%. I have done some buying and trading with other GSR members, but so far so good. I would trade my

box for yours, though I would like to keep the chrome pieces and clamps. Here is my box. You are in Jacksonville?

Comment

Hey Derek,

I got your PM and replied. That's cool if you're gonna keep the clamps and chrome side covers. I don't believe these have them so its an even exchange.

Thanks for being understanding of my previous transaction. We'll get this done within the month of December. I'm in Jacksonville, FL but I can have you send them to my Delaware address.

Ed
                            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 11-30-2015, 12:37 PM.
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I'm home now...since Saturday 19 Dec...been having so much fun EVERYDAY!

Gonna post your Airbox shortly...thanks for the reply...Thanks Derek!

Merry Christmas....and next week...Happy New Year!

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Derek,

Almost one week later and the AirBox is finally mailed to you! Let me know when you receive it.

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X