Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful Ed! Thank you. And yours is in the mail as well.

Have not had much time to work on my bike with the holidays and the 12 plus inches of snow we have on the ground! Been busy snowblowing!!!

D

Comment

D,
      I've got extra chrome as noted in post 16 and 19 and points of discussion in between. Might they work for you?

Picture of the T and my boys as follows. Not much riding of the T this year but we did add a few more ways to play in dirt.
      Time to update my signature list.

Hondas
      '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
      Suzuki
      '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
      Kaw
      '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Hey yasser, that's quite the collection!

I'm up late too. Thanks for posting.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

If it just looks like a blur of bikes then Mom can't keep count.

Kidding. In fact, here is a fun shot with a few from a weekend with her riding. Some have since been added, some are gone as kids grow. As long as one functions for the Mrs to ride then she's great with our Asian Bike Flu symptoms.

Hondas
          Suzuki
          Kaw
          '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

^^Dang!

What a tight squeeze!!!

Taking care of the Mrs is the priority. "Well done, get you a case of beer for that one."

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
              D,
              I've got extra chrome as noted in post 16 and 19 and points of discussion in between. Might they work for you?
              Yasser,
              Love the bikes. I have always liked the XL line. My Dad had an XLR 500 back in the day and man it was an awesome bike, kick starting it was always fun! LOL
              Appreciate the offer on the chrome pieces, but I kept mine....Ed may be interested in them though.

Derek

Comment

D,
                Ah for some reason I missed that you had chrome already.
                Hondas
                Suzuki
                Kaw
                '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

I have the chromes yasser...when I bought my airbox I needed the secondary portion where the air filter goes and it was purchased as a set. But I'll be in contact if I need something...how bout a Master Cylinder and some "T" handlebars?

Ed
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-31-2015, 02:12 PM.
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

No master cylinder. I thought the first thing to get modified on a T was the the handle bars. I always go through a clutch hand strain in the start of the season, due to the angle of the stock bar. Not so bad as to want to change the bar out, just have to ride more to get used to it.

For now all is polished and neatly tucked away.
                    Hondas
                    Suzuki
                    Kaw
                    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Derek,

Did you pick up your airbox?

I got mine and it is almost like new!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                        No master cylinder. I thought the first thing to get modified on a T was the the handle bars. I always go through a clutch hand strain in the start of the season, due to the angle of the stock bar. Not so bad as to want to change the bar out, just have to ride more to get used to it.

For now all is polished and neatly tucked away.
                        Hey yasser,

From the pics I've seen in old mags, the handle bars don't look much different than the ones I have on mine. But they are different from the ones on my second "T". I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I gave my MC to Tank a couple of years ago...and he was happy with it. I need to replace it eventually.

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                          Derek,

Did you pick up your airbox?

I got mine and it is almost like new!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Ed

Ed,
                          Yes I got the airbox and it looks great! Thanks.
                          Did not realize it did not come originally with the chrome pieces, so will have to mock-up something when I do the install to make sure the chrome fits good.
                          But it is perfect and I appreciate ya!

D

Comment

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
                            Ed,
                            Yes I got the airbox and it looks great! Thanks.
                            Did not realize it did not come originally with the chrome pieces, so will have to mock-up something when I do the install to make sure the chrome fits good.
                            But it is perfect and I appreciate ya!

D
                            Yeah, the 750 airbox had the chrome covers, the 1100 did not. That's why I wasn't bothered when you mentioned not including them. They look about the same size anyway...

Anyhow, glad I could help!

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Just giving this thread a bump. Come on Ed your slipping! I don't have a Tee, never will. Lol But the neighbor kid has a 750T... I've kind of know the kid since he was about 10 years old. I've always waved to him, he'd wave back. I'm not sure if I had any influence on his motorcycle purchase or not. But anyway another GS is in the neighborhood. The motorcycle looks very clean and it seems to run good. I'll have to make my over to chat with him... The T nation thread was on page 5!!! Ed you are really slipping!
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hey Norm,

Been very busy at work and lately just browsing. I'm getting ready to leave JAX and head home.

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X