Gsx1100et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsx1100et

Hello fellow GS lovers, I have been reading this forum for quite a while (years) and it has inspired me, entertained me, educated me, and generally made me
    a better GS1100 owner.
    My name is Dave and I own a 1980 GSX1100ET, It has been in my care for three years and in that time I have made quite a few upgrades/improvements (to me anyway).
    I will add a "As I got it photo" and a "as it is now" photo.
    Would love any constructive, comments/advice.
    I have heaps of photo's of progress that I can add as I come to terms with posting and attaching.
    Happy riding/tinkering to you all.IMG_2964.jpg

Here is the as it is now photo.020 (Large).jpg

Comment

Very nice indeed. Did you paint all of the parts yourself?

Comment

Unfortunately, I haven't got the skills yet, but I did all the prep work. There also wasn't a rattle can, with the correct/close colour, that I wanted.
        My local Panel beater/painter, was able to custom mix the colour for me. He did a great job.071 (Large).jpg

Comment

I love the color. Very nice motorcycle.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            I love the color. Very nice motorcycle.

Thank you storm 64, yes it is a lovely colour. I think the Suzuki name is "Candy Florida Blue"

Comment

Welcome. Beautiful blue!

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Welcome. Beautiful blue!

cg

Thanks Charlie, nice to be here.

Comment

Charlie G, can you tell me how you get my photo full size in your post, and the ones in my post are thumbnail?

Comment

When someone new post a picture that is small like yours I right click, copy, and paste on a post. I (We) download our pictures on a hosting site like Photobucket. Once they are there you can get(copy?) the IMG code for the picture you want to post on a thread and paste on a post. There are threads around the forum that will explain better than I. Cheers.

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Good to see you finally 'came out of the closet' Looks like you've done some major improvement to the bike that's for sure. Looks awesome. What's the bracket at the back for (come from the shock mount)?
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Good to see you finally 'came out of the closet' Looks like you've done some major improvement to the bike that's for sure. Looks awesome. What's the bracket at the back for (come from the shock mount)?

Thanks azr. it is for the Hallmark backpack frame006 (Large).jpg
                        here is a photo with the pack mounted.

Comment

Working...
                        X