Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonjour, newbie with gs850 cafe project in France

Morning chaps.
    quick hi from Bordeaux. I have just bought a 79 gs850 in a shocker of a state in order to create a cafe racer.
    i may ask for some advice from you knowledgeable fellows in the very near future so thanks for any help in advance.
    martin

Welcome Martin,

I too bought the ugliest example of a bike to make into a cafe racer type (second one, other was Honda CB750 sold on Ebay to Canada). Mine is a 1980 GS750E. Awful to look at (sat outside many years) but met my critiera of: Clean title, like new gas tank inside, straight frame (never been down), motor ran quiet and no smoke, tranny shifts fine and was cheap! $300US. The rest of the bike will get thrown away when stripped down to bare metal frame. Good luck with yours and looking forward to some progress reports and pictures. Was in France in 1996, Paris of course & 24 Heures Du Mans. Great time.
    Regards
    Dennis

Comment

Hello Martin! Im from the Midwest of the US! I recently bought a 1980 Gs850g and im currently making it into a café as! here is the start!
      Attached Files

Comment

Bonjour et bienvenue.

Post up some pics, let's have a look at what you're starting with.
        The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

This was the start
          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome! That's a nice looking bike.

Comment

Thanks you too Trtsmb!!!

Comment

Here she is all finished!
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! Hopefully the thread's not to old to ask what you did on the tail light?

Comment

Working...
                  X