New owner of a 1982 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner of a 1982 GS1100E

I recently purchased a 1982 GS1100E and I sure appreciate this site and the members that contribute to it. I have lurked on here for quite awhile gathering information on the GS1100E bikes. I previously owned a 1981 GS1100E that I owned for about two years and I felt that I needed to start with a better example. I sold it last year and I have been on the lookout for a 1982 or 1983 GS1100E. I was fortunate to find one from a member on this site.

I have owned many UJM through the years and I am pleased to add the GS1100 to my collection. This is a first class site and I plan to be a part of it going forward. The information available here is unbelievable!
    1982 GS1100E
    1975 CB750 Honda
    1974 CT-90 Honda
    1966 Yamaha 250 Big Bear scrambler
    2007 FXSTD Softail Deuce
    2009 FLHX Street Glide
    2017 FLHX Street Glide

Hey bigsixman,
    welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will come along to talk about the 82 crank..they love to do that.
    We love to see pics!!
    Cheers
    No signature

Comment

Welcome to the site! Lots of good info here. Just have to deal with some of us young bucks who rant about their new fangled machine's but we all have one thing in common and that's our love to preserve and ride our classic GS machines... Well most of us.
      Welcome again and pictures would be perfect!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Welcome, brother! Show us your bike.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Pictures..we need pictures.... Welcome
          Currently in the Stable :
          2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
          1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
          - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

here Rob,
            now go have a little private time while you stare at this beauty
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome, cool that you bought the bike from another member.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

hey now don't start no rumors...lol
                i just took a guess with the make and model and the seller's and the OP's location.
                i could be wrong

Comment

You are right on the money with your assumption, the picture is the GS1100E that I purchased. Thanks to everyone for the warm reception to this site.
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1975 CB750 Honda
                  1974 CT-90 Honda
                  2007 FXSTD Softail Deuce
                  2009 FLHX Street Glide
                  2017 FLHX Street Glide

Comment

i had a big bear scambler many moons ago..junior high i think.
                    nice GS...very nice.

Comment

I always wanted a big bear scrambler from back in my high school days, I opted for a 1967 Honda CL77 305 scrambler instead because we did not have a Yamaha dealer in town. I was able to find a nice one about 5 years ago and I was able to purchase it.

Thanks for the nice comments on the GS. I have developed the habit of going to the GS Resources site right after my email, because I am learning about the GS bikes and there is so much information on here. I have caught myself on this site several times after midnight because of losing track of time and being caught up with the reading.

I really appreciate it that the members use, modify, update or restore their GS machines on the site.
                      1982 GS1100E
                      1975 CB750 Honda
                      1974 CT-90 Honda
                      2007 FXSTD Softail Deuce
                      2009 FLHX Street Glide
                      2017 FLHX Street Glide

Comment

Working...
                      X