Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. First thing, I use guys as a generic term. No offense to anyone. I am new to this forum but not forums. I have completed many automotive projects with the help of forums like this one. Hopefully I will have the same success with my current project. Which is a 1977 GS550 that I am bringing back to life in the form of a cafe racer for my niece. I have have owned and built many motorcycles over the last 44 years. Besides the 550 I currently own a 1994 DR650 and a 2001 TL1000R.

Welcome!
    You could start a build thread in the build section of the forum and it would be great to see you progress and add our 2 cents! I would recommend going over Bass cliffs mega welcome and doing all the normal maintenance.
    Good luck!
    -Jedz
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Dayton seems to be a hotbed of GS activity....
      There are a lot of members from that area...
      Welcome
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by rgtrough View Post
        Hey guys. First thing, I use guys as a generic term. No offense to anyone. I am new to this forum but not forums. I have completed many automotive projects with the help of forums like this one. Hopefully I will have the same success with my current project. Which is a 1977 GS550 that I am bringing back to life in the form of a cafe racer for my niece. I have have owned and built many motorcycles over the last 44 years. Besides the 550 I currently own a 1994 DR650 and a 2001 TL1000R.
        Bud, Welcome to GSR.

Are a couple active GSR members in Dayton and some more in surrounding central Ohio area and some more in Cinci area.

Thanks for introducing yourself.

Do post some pics.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to the site, I am new myself and I think that you will enjoy the posts and information available.
          1982 GS1100E
          1975 CB750 Honda
          1974 CT-90 Honda
          1966 Yamaha 250 Big Bear scrambler
          2007 FXSTD Softail Deuce
          2009 FLHX Street Glide
          2017 FLHX Street Glide

Comment

Welcome to the site!! I am also new here but have already found alot of useful info and alot of help from the people here!! I am working on a 1980 GS550L first bike and loving it!! In the process of fixing it up , been sittin 10+ yrs!!

Comment

Welcome. You're a cool uncle. Good luck with the bike. A TL-R is a bike I'd love to own someday.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes. I have already heard from some of the members from the Dayton area. Dorkburger I have had many bikes in my life and the TL1000R is the one I will always remember. It will probably be the one that kills me.

Comment

Working...
                X