Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on a Hiatus from my bike

Hey guys,

This site has been an excellent resource for me over the last few years, but I never got around to posting. I'm going to be doing some work on my bike in a few weeks, so I thought I would introduce myself now and show off my ongoing project

Well I bought this 1979 GS750L a couple years ago with the intention of making a cafe style bike out of it.

After a summer full of late nights and long weekends I ended with a bike that looked pretty good IMO, but still needed a lot of new parts...

Due to a limited funds and my last year of college, I built the bike with some original parts that should have been replaced. When I got out of college a year ago I ended up moving from Pennsylvania to Alaska and storing my bike in an uncle's garage.

Now I'm moving back to PA in a couple weeks and of course buying parts already in anticipation lol

I just uploaded some pics to photobucket, so hopefully the links work and you can see pics, because otherwise it's just boring lol

Welcome Aboard!
    I love to see them 750's! Nice job on the cafe build. I've seen allot worse that's for sure, I say it looks pretry good!. I'm not huge into the cafe look but to each their own. Where abouts in PA will you be located? Be sure to start a build thread!
    Welcome again!
    -Jedz
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Saw your thread title and was intrigued because I haven't ridden my "T" in almost a year. Welcome back and have a great time getting re-acquainted with your bike.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks guys!
        The plan is to live in Erie and commute to Meadville.
        I've thought about a build thread before but I was always putting to much time into my bike lol. I'll see what I can do though

Comment

You will only be about 2 Hrs from me. Welcome! Who did the pinstriping on the tank of the red one?

Comment

Depending on how good she's running I may be trying to make a trip to cleveland to see a buddy...

The owner of the red bike did the pinstriping on both bikes, and he's always looking for side paint jobs. If you're interested I can get you his contact info.

Comment

Working...
            X