Hello New Member Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello New Member Here

Hi all! I don't have a GS, but instead have a cousin, a GR650. I understand a lot of GS500 owners use the GR engine for a little performance bump. I also belong to the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club (CJMC). We go on rides pretty much monthly, having recently gone from the San Francisco Bay Area to Fort Hunter Liggett. I also post mostly on Advrider. I knew about GS Resources for many years and was registered here years ago. I wanted to let those that are in the NorCal that we have out 20th Anniversary Show And Swap coming up on the 29th-30th of May, yes, the end of this month. I hope some of you can join us and view the bikes and enjoy the day for free. Small costs for camping, showing your bike and/or being a vendor in the swap meet area. Who knows, maybe you'll find that part you're looking for or pick up a new bike?

Roland

PS. Here's my on going thread on Advrider.

Ok, call me crazy, but I actually paid for this non-running, parts missing, faded bike.[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] OK, it's a wreck, but...

Hiya Roland and welcome back to the forum.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Hi, Roland! I was reading your threads just the other day (looking up Tempters again as I "sorta want one" ) You did an excellent job of that!

Comment

GREAT GOOGLEY MOOGLEY ! ! ! I just spent my last 4 lunch hours reading your "BUILDS" thread on that other site. WOW...

I dig that stinger! Cool build and good lord do you have patience and determination! VERY nice work, looking forward to the two KZ builds...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Roland,

is that you in action in the Pike's peak video (and dude in the tux GR650 vids?)
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I'm back! It's been three years and I've gained a 1982 GS1100E. Alas, I've ridden it only about 100 miles after putting a lot of work into it and found it to be a real beast. The acceleration is intoxicating, but its a big bike, not at all like my GR650. So I will be selling it and have it advertised on Advrider of which someone suggested I post it here. Good idea. Here's a few photos.
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome back!
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
              X