Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Comer from Des Moines, Iowa

Good day everyone,
    I have been on the site for a few months now but the bike was torn apart to make some necessary repairs, Absolutely love the site and all the help everyone is so willing to give. Anyways on to the bike.

Its a 1981 GS1100E, I got the bike as a running unfinished cafe racer project. Absolutely love the everything about the bike. It was hacked together and im still in the process of building the bike the way it should have been built in the first place. It have 06 GSXR front fork swap with both front and rear wheels from the same bike. Pod filters, 4-1 Megaphone exhaust (not sure of brand).

Just got done with a very much needed valve adjustment, bunch of gasket replacement, rebuilt set of carbs from a member on here, chain adjustment and some serious clean up on the factory harness that was hacked to pieces. And she is now back on the road. It has a long way to go at this point, but im closer to my end goal. I attached a photo and can attach more upon request..

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files

Hey, welcome!
    Thats a pretty sweet looking ride. Lets see some more pics! What other modifications are in order?

Comment

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
      Hey, welcome!
      Thats a pretty sweet looking ride. Lets see some more pics! What other modifications are in order?
      Ill snap a few more pictures when im off work this evening.

As far as modifications go at the moment im working up a list for a big bore engine upgrade. But im currently just going to focus on cosmetics. In the process of sourcing a new tank for it thats not all dinged up. Im going to integrate a new GSXR 600 Fuel cap setup, i really dig the flush mount look they give. Swapping rear suspension out for a set of Progressive style rear shocks with the external reservoir. Stainless break lines, new handle bar sets. Different style headlight with an HID upgraded headlight.

Comment

Sweet. I look forward to seeing more of the project!

Comment

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
          Sweet. I look forward to seeing more of the project!
          There will be many pictures, i will be making a project thread once i have enough to make an interesting thread for everyone to read.

Thanks for the kind words

Comment

How much is involved in swapping in GSXR front end and rear wheels?
            Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
            Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
            Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
            X