Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new member sven279

Hello,
    I am sven, im 20 years old and live in amersfoort, the netherlands. I am trying my best to write proper english.
    I've my licence since a half year now and i drive a gs450l from 1984 or 1986, the bike was first in use in 1986 but we think it is a 1984.
    I bought the gs with 66000 km on the clock and i am the 9th owner. i also got another one, the engine is dead of this one,, just ruined by the last owner, i use that one for parts
    Ill post some pictures in a moment.
    I am studing physical therapy atm and working at a paintball field.
    If people have questions feel free to ask!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2015, 05:56 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The left one is the one i am driving
        Attached Files

Comment

The one with the damaged engine
          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't worry too much about "perfect" english. While it's a noble endeavour to strive for perfection, many native english speakers fail to get the grammar and spelling correct much of the time. We all speak motorcycle, though, and through that commonality, a few mistakes here and there are nothing.

Make friends with your fellow physio students. That handlebar position can get a bit tortuous after awhile.

Check the date code on those tires. They look like an old design. Old rubber and motorcycling rarely go together well.

What are your plans for the 450L? Keep it as is? Modify it some? Use it as a springboard to another model?
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Hi, Sven! Nice Bike! Great to meet you!
              Your English is fine and thank you for making the effort to join us here!

BikeCliff's welcome is a great place to get started.
              Greetings and Salutations, (EDIT: Please DO NOT "Reply" to this thread to introduce yourself. This is an informational post only. Feel free to start a new thread in the "GS Owners" section of the forum to introduce yourself. Thanks!) Every once in a while I will miss a new member or two and they may not

and it'll take you here:
              BikeCliff's Website

I think you are correct as to the year,.The wheel rims and sidecovers seem to indicate 1984 or 1985, but maybe a member here who has the exact bike will say for sure. ...but if not and you are really curious as to the year, the suzuki.org pages are a place to look.
              My Suzuki Pages: Suzuki motorcycles, Suzuki GSX1400, Suzuki GSX750, Suzuki Cavalcade, Honda GoldWing, Suzuki GT250, Suzuki T500, Honda CB125, Jawa 250... Webmaster: Jarmo Haapamki, Hlleforsns, Sweden - a proud ownder of a Suzuki GSX1400 K2, 2002 year's model.

Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-25-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Call me weird but I've been quite happy with my handlebars .

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Welcome to the forum.

Make friends with your fellow physio students. That handlebar position can get a bit tortuous after awhile.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! From the pic, your bike is somewhere between '85 and '88 .

Comment

Originally posted by trtsmb View Post
                    Call me weird but I've been quite happy with my handlebars .
                    OK. You're weird...

maybe you were the person around whom the ergonomics were designed.
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                    X