Newbie saying hi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie saying hi.

Hi everybody, I got a 78 750 a couple of months ago that I've been working on.

When I moved to los angeles from Europe ten years ago I quit riding, valued my life to
    much back the than to ride souronded by so many crappy drivers.
    Long story short, apparently there is a destiny worse than death.. LA traffic...

So a long hunt for a super cheap but good bike began
    just to commute, was thinking a savage or something

Anyhow found this 750 for what I considered a good price.
    I partly got it since my dad kennerth (hence the nick) had one when I was a kid but I don't regret it, such a fun and awesome bike!! That is why it's painted gold tho.

Resprayed it in a friend's garage, rebuilt the carbs in the parking lot behind my work etc.
    have no garage and limited tools but some skills and a lot of enthusiasm; ).
    Next up is rebuilding the starter clutch that failed three days ago, what do I need except handtools?
    Any special stuff?
    Then do something about all three discs being severely groved (they are really no new once to buy??) and rebuilding the fork, maybe change it to something beafier. But prolly can't afford
    that.

Yesterday something awful happened tho someone backed into it, came out and found my baby
    on the ground!!
    The only thing damaged was the rear cowl tho (I just finished building brackets etc to move
    the taillight in 2 inches a week ago....) total cracked in two, on my way home I dropped it in a busy intersection, let's just saw there is not much left of the cowl..
    If anyone has a spare one they would like to sell me, cheap or at least reasonable, condition is not important lo7ng as it is in one piece, I'd be overjoyed!!
    I'd like to buy it right away! If your close to los angeles, even better!

I am sure I will ask many questions, especially since I am search function challenged and never seems tofind anything, like what forks are direct bolt on, any wheels that accept better discs still in production etc.
    Don't want to totally change the bike, just upgrade it a little.

Finally I'd like to thank the creators and moderators at this awesone forum, and all the really cool
    members that seem to lack the better than you attitude you find at many other similar online places.

Have a great day!
    Attached Files

Nice looking bike! Too bad some BUTT clown had to go and back into it. I'm sure they didn't stop or leave a note or anything, huh...

Welcome to the forum. You will definitely want to go through all of the wonderful info and tutorials on BikeCliff's site. Someone will be along shortly with a link for that... In fact he may come along himself and give you your "MEGA Welcome"...

Be safe!
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Welcome to the site.
      Nice intro.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thank you guys.

Found my cowl for a decent price, thankful it wasn't worse.

Comment

Working...
        X