Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid-Missouri Rider

Greetings all -
    Currently own a 1982 GS750T that came up for sale locally.
    It was a one owner, complete, stock.
    Here it was when I went to look at it -

It had a few issues -

Got lucky on the chains master link -

Getting closer -

Also needed handlebars (Flanders #10 dirt track bars), chain guard, clutch perch, grab bar, spark plugs, fuel lines, petcock rebuild, carbs looked good inside, removed plugs and set air screwed to 3 out, seat cover, etc.
    Complete, fountain is good, warrants more work:

Sear cover came from Saddlemans.

Grab bar, chain guard, still need to install the missing 10x60 lower motor mount bolts...

Took a nice long ride. When warmed up, refused to idle and ran on only a couple cylinders.
    I plan to read the plugs. Probably coils or valves too tight -
    Valves need to be checked anyway, as the foundation is proving solid, might as well go through it.
    Great chance to teach my son some troubleshooting skills and maybe a new curse-word or two.
    My name is Steve, I hope to contribute in some small way.
    And learn a bit as well.

Comment

I probably know a few of you from my illustrious career on internet forums.
      Started riding back in the 1970's, learned on the tiller powered mini-bikes, moved up to little Honda's of friends, 1st street bike, with no formal training, was a pristine 1972 Kawasaki H1B.
      It did not stay pristine, moved on to a CX500, SP125, then a GS1100E in the mid eighties.

Owner or ridden every motorcycle I ever wanted too. Currently own the GS750T, a Yamaha FJ1200, a couple of scooters and the Z50 all my kids, and soon, my grandkids, learned on.
      From the early 1990's -

motorcycles are good

Comment

That's a nice T you found there. Welcome to the Mad House. There are those of us here that cherish the T model.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...erall-(I-think)

Stop in, say hi, post some pictures...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Working...
          X