Just bought a GS700ES w 4K miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a GS700ES w 4K miles

Just bought this little gem. I'm going to need a stock airbox if anyone knows the whereabouts of one reasonably priced.
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

WOW a time warp bike
    you just bought a new bike congrats

Comment

S-C-O-R-E! nicely done.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm also going to get stock turn signals and foot pegs.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like you have a nice one there, I've owned one of it's cousins since '83. May i interject on the airbox issue? Those have a terrible airbox assembly, cross-winds at certain angles would lean it out so bad it would almost stop running. I changed mine over to pods in '85 and never regretted it. Plus if you find an airbox they are hard to install with the engine in the frame, it can be done if you undo all the motor mounts and tilt it a little.
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
            Looks like you have a nice one there, I've owned one of it's cousins since '83. May i interject on the airbox issue? Those have a terrible airbox assembly, cross-winds at certain angles would lean it out so bad it would almost stop running. I changed mine over to pods in '85 and never regretted it. Plus if you find an airbox they are hard to install with the engine in the frame, it can be done if you undo all the motor mounts and tilt it a little.
            OK thank you. Do you have the information on the jets to use with the pods? This does have the stock exhaust.
            Last edited by glib; 06-08-2015, 09:08 PM. Reason: Punctuation
            sigpic

Comment

Dyno-jet kit, mine has a yosh pipe on it. Stage one kit will work fine for you.

Comment

kingofvenus: seems like some great info that will save a guy from a lot of headache trying to install the OEM air box.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                  Dyno-jet kit, mine has a yosh pipe on it. Stage one kit will work fine for you.
                  I looks like you have to buy a kit for about $113. Do you know if there is any way to buy just what is needed for this application? (I still have to tear down the carbs--they obviously need cleaning badly. The bike seemed to run okay so I rode it to the gym this morning and almost got stranded on the way back. I'm looking forward to it. Weird huh)?
                  sigpic

Comment

It's the slide needles in the kit that makes it work so well. And that is the only way to get some, unless somebody has a set laying around. If i had some, i'd let you have them.

Comment

Very nice find. Unbelievable condition.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                      X