82 450l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 450l

Picked it up a few months ago for a couple hundred bucks.
    Got some weird wiring issues I've got to get figured out.
    I can tell that someone had been messing with it. I found some cut wires and other evidence.

I'm located in cincinnati ohio. I've got 2 kids under the age of 2 so I don't have much time to tinker.
    I had planned on having this thing on the road by spring but I just bought another house so......
    I'll be doing a little modifying. Raising the back of the tank up a little to level it out, hooped the back of the frame and once I get the wiring issue fixed I'm going to hide everything under the seat. I'm going for a tracker/scrambler look.

I actually work with a guy that has a brand new never used wiring harness from an 82 450ez.
    I'd think it would fit up just fine.

I enjoy reading the forum and have learned a little. I'm not a motorcycle mechanic at all. One reason aside from wanting
    a bike to ride is to learn how to work on bikes.

I've spent way more than 200 bucks on a hell of a lot dumber stuff!
    Last edited by Guest; 09-22-2015, 10:12 PM.

Hi, hank3fan!
    Post a picture of your $200 bike??(Good price!) It doesn't have to be too nice for that price! And, posting pix is a good skill to have here, if you run into an issue words can't describe.. check out the Projects/Rebild threads.
    and of course,
    I expect you have been here:
    BikeCliff's Website

Comment

Working...
    X