hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello!

hi all! new forum member (obviously) and new rider.

I've picked up an 82 GS650G. love her already, even tho I've only had her for a couple weeks. she's not the most beautiful machine, but everyone seems to think she's pretty damn good-looking for her age. I've enjoyed every single mile I've put on her so far.

looking forward to seeing everyone's posts about their GSs!

truncheon

Welcome. Glad you're enjoying the new ride
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Pics of the bike for us to eyeball would be nice and your location and GS model in your signature will make your intro complete.
      Welcome to this great site.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Pictures, or it didn't happen...

Welcome to the circus!
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Yet another 650G appears on the scene. Is this a sign of the coming UJM apocalypse?

Welcome to the forum...now on to the pictures. Use a webhost (e.g. Photobucket) so you can have more than one, full-size image per post
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by truncheon View Post
            I've picked up an 82 GS650G. love her already, even tho I've only had her for a couple weeks. she's not the most beautiful machine, but everyone seems to think she's pretty damn good-looking for her age. I've enjoyed every single mile I've put on her so far.
            That's exactly what I think about my 850GL too. (Which was also my first bike.)

See the link in my signature for your upcoming Suzuki GS education. And welcome!
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by truncheon View Post
              hi all! new forum member (obviously) and new rider.

looking forward to seeing everyone's posts about their GSs!

truncheon
              Welcome to GSR.

I will recommend that you find a MSF beginner rider class (MSF or other).

What part of the world are you located?

I had 82 GS650G for 20+ years. SInce it was new, Never had to work on it much to ever learn much about it.
              Then I got an 850G and then a 1100GK, when they were older, and, ah, have had some expereinces where have learned a few things.

Thanks for introducing yourself. Do post picture.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome!

I've yet to test ride a "G"/Shaftie. All these stories have me interested.

Post pics or it didn't happen, as was mentioned.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                X