new to forum latest GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to forum latest GS1100E

Just picked this 1982 GS1100E up. Sat in a garage since 2004. 37k kilometers(kilo only speedo). A few electrical problems to sort out. Engine turns over but slowly. I have a 1982 GS750TZ that I bought new in pieces in the garage. Someday project. Started out with a 1977 GS750. Put over 50k miles on both of them. I miss the UJM ride.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the funhouse. 82-83 1100e bikes are among my favortie GSs. Good luck with it.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome. I've received a lot of help here.
      sigpic
      1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
      1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
      1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
      On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
      All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Welcome to the forum...nice bike too.
        Kilometers...where are you from?
        No signature

Comment

Great find! These are a lot of fun
          1980 GS1100E

Comment

Actually I should pay attention to details. It is a miles and kilometer gauge 37k miles. I'm in Seattle. The engine and frame numbers don't match. Did they when original? I'm pretty sure my other GS's did.

Comment

Welcome. I'm in Kirkland. We're next door neighbors.
              1981 GS 1100e turbo, 83 motor, turbo pistons, new head, new turbo, backed and welded clutch basket, Dyna S ignition, cbr 929 front end, gsxr 750 rear end with 190 tire, all carbon fiber covered bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by jay904cc View Post
                Actually I should pay attention to details. It is a miles and kilometer gauge 37k miles. I'm in Seattle. The engine and frame numbers don't match. Did they when original? I'm pretty sure my other GS's did.
                No, the frame & engine numbers DON'T match.
                Ray.

Comment

Welcome to the EZ club. 1100, that is.

Set a spell, take your shoes off. Y'all come back now, ya hear?
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                  X