Back to my roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to my roots

Hi everyone, I'm Weasel, nickname bestowed upon me by my father since I was tiny. USAF veteran and 19 years and counting professional career with my local government. Been married to the same wonderful woman for 17 years and we have 2 beautiful daughters. I own a 40 acre farm and I enjoy small scale amateur farming, tractors and hunting.

I grew up in the 70s and my father & uncle loved riding, chopping & wrenching on their Japenese street bikes. My first street bike was a 1974 Honda CB550 that I rescued from a dusty garage. I had my fun with Harleys after that through the late 90s & 2000s. Lost my dad to cancer last year, he was only 64. So for whatever reason I'm back to my roots. My kids love the old pictures of me and their grandfather with his bikes so they jumped at the chance to help and learn if I rescued one of those old 70s classics. Here she is, brought her home yesterday. 1978 Suzuki GS750.

Welcome to GSR. Lots of good info and fellowship here.

Comment

Welcome... Enjoy the trip down memory lane, and good luck with the cycle.
      Sorry to hear about your father. I lost mine 13 years ago. He was the same age as yours, same illness. It sucks.

I do (or at least try to do) a yearly ride with a few friends to rememder dad.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Nice intro, Weasel.
        Welcome to the site.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Once again, nice introduction and sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like you are grateful for the cool dad that he was
          Found an old one I see....all my GS 's have been 80 or newer I haven't gotten into an early one yet. It looks like it's all there, I'm sure you will get her up to par and looking good.
          Glad you joined and sounds like you have a love for these old bikes.
          Welcome!

Comment

Thanks everyone, looking forward to following along with all of your projects & stories. I've added a link to my project in my signature below.

Comment

Working...
            X